Playstation 4

hogso

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

£39.99, it's a not insignificant £10 increase. 

Ta. It's a big increase when it's 25% of the previous price.

It's still not breaking the bank though for a year of online gaming plus all the free games that come with it.

Can't say I'm too bothered.

On 28/07/2017 at 21:06, Chindie said:

You shouldn't be autorenewing anyway. There's always deals on below RRP and I wouldn't give Sony my card details under any circumstances.

I'm on auto renew but they don't have my details. Does it through paypal.

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if the service and the things available under it changes much. This stinks of market leader exploiting position to push up revenue. Sony have form for hubris.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'll be surprised if the service and the things available under it changes much. This stinks of market leader exploiting position to push up revenue. Sony have form for hubris.

Could this be an attempt to increase cashflow in the immediate future also? By announcing it a month in advance they could be aiming to encourage as many people as possible to renew in August to beat the price hike.

Obviously not sure what the reason for doing so would be but it's the first thing that stuck out to me given that they've made every attempt to ensure that everybody is aware of the rise a month early.

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Could this be an attempt to increase cashflow in the immediate future also? By announcing it a month in advance they could be aiming to encourage as many people as possible to renew in August to beat the price hike.

Obviously not sure what the reason for doing so would be but it's the first thing that stuck out to me given that they've made every attempt to ensure that everybody is aware of the rise a month early.

Sony has no reason for this aside from the same "because we can" reasoning that they always have when they are the market leader.

This is Sony flexing their market leader muscles because those on PS4 can't do a thing about it. Wanna play Bloodborne as intended? You need PS+. Wanna play Monster Hunter World next year? You need PS+. Wanna play Destiny 2? You need PS+. Wanna play Anthem next year? You need PS+ and the list goes on and on and on. Sony know that they don't just hold all the games, but they also know 60 million people with PS4's all want to play online with their friends. This is a revenue hike at the expense of everyone that bought in when Sony were playing this whole good cop routine. 

I wish there was a reason for this as it would make getting ripped off feel better, but the only reason is the same "because we can" that Sony and other market leaders always go with. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 21:06, Chindie said:

You shouldn't be autorenewing anyway. There's always deals on below RRP and I wouldn't give Sony my card details under any circumstances.

I know and I don't. It was just a funny anecdote I guess. Or not :P.

Edited by Ingram85

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yep, as soon as they perceive themselves to be on top Sony directly become billy big bollocks about it. #4thegamers my arse.

It was the same when they ruled with the ps1 & 2. They stalled for a bit with the ps3 when MS overtook them and they had the big hacking scandal then all of a sudden psplus is great, deals galore, cheaper consoles etc... pretending to be humble just to catch back up again. Its why I'll never understand fanboy mentality.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 20:37, Ingram85 said:

So PS+ going up to £50 for the year soon. Time to switch off auto-renewal folks, unless your loaded and don't care.

Oh yeah, that extra tenner per year would just leave me ruined...........

I throw away more than that every month on getting street buskers to play Oasis at 3am when I'm wasted.........

Edited by bannedfromHandV

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh yeah, that extra tenner per year would just leave me ruined...........

I throw away more than that every month on getting street buskers to play Oasis at 3am when I'm wasted.........

Hate when people compare it like that. Its a 25% increase chap. 

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

After about 6 years of no increase. That's slightly more than inflation, but not enough to get annoyed about.

23 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I do agree with you that it's a big increase, proportionally.

But your OP did say "...unless you're loaded and you don't care"

I think BFHAV was just making the point that you don't have to loaded to be dismissive of a £10 increase over 12 months. It's not going to bankrupt anyone.

• Like 1

Â