• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
hogso

Playstation 4

Davkaus    7,332

If you want to play both, I'd start with Skyrim. It's a great game, but TW3 is stronger in gameplay, story, and looks better. I don't think you'll enjoy much about Skyrim going back to play it after TW3.

Stevo985    23,471

I've had Witcher 3 for 12 months now, and play it pretty regularly.

I haven't even got to Skellige yet :crylaugh:

• Like 1

ender4    625
On 02/01/2017 at 21:04, Stevo985 said:

I've had Witcher 3 for 12 months now, and play it pretty regularly.

I haven't even got to Skellige yet :crylaugh:

OMG. You can still go back and forth to Velen/Novigrad after you open up Skellige, so no reason not to open it up.

Stevo985    23,471
1 hour ago, ender4 said:

OMG. You can still go back and forth to Velen/Novigrad after you open up Skellige, so no reason not to open it up.

Well I said to myself that I'd complete all of the quests (so not the question marks) that are my level or below in Novigrad before I moved on to Skellige.

But that was in like, August :crylaugh:

to be fair I have had a few months where I've barely played it. I've probably put 10 hours into it since about September.

My problem is I really don't play that much PS4 anymore, especially since moving in with a bloody female, and when i do it's usually Rocket League or Trials with some of the VT boys

• Like 1

limpid    3,172

Please can we keep chat about individual games out of this thread please.

• Like 1

villa4europe    6,101

@Stevo985 you need the 2 TV set kid, 7pm rocks up your missus wants to watch emmerdale on the big tv, you fill your boots bab I've got a little 17" TV set up on the floor with some headphones I'll mind my own business, Monday night you're talking 6.30 hollyoaks till 9pm corrie finishing, Wednesday night midsummer murder? You crack on love

Stevo985    23,471
8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

@Stevo985 you need the 2 TV set kid, 7pm rocks up your missus wants to watch emmerdale on the big tv, you fill your boots bab I've got a little 17" TV set up on the floor with some headphones I'll mind my own business, Monday night you're talking 6.30 hollyoaks till 9pm corrie finishing, Wednesday night midsummer murder? You crack on love

Luckily the TV she wants to watch is usually the TV I want to watch. So it's not like we're sat there watching Eastenders when all I want to do is play PS4.

I have remote play with my phone anyway so I could always play with that (although I've only tried it once and wasn't massively impressed)

villa4europe    6,101

I've tried it with a psp and PlayStation tv and wasn't impressed with either, it's a great idea that's not 100% and I just never used it

does anyone ever do that online multiplayer thing? 1 copy of the game but your mates can join in

Stevo985    23,471

Yeah I was going to invest in one of those holders that fit on top of the PS4 controller that holds your phone.

But there's just way too much input lag for it to be usable.

I'd love to know if anyone can actually use that feature properly because it seemed unplayable to me.

I've never tried the share play thing (is that what it's called?). I'd forgotten about it to be honest.

hogso    1,807
2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

does anyone ever do that online multiplayer thing? 1 copy of the game but your mates can join in

Share Play - I use it with my brother. You can let them view the screen only, give them control of the game, or give them a controller to enable them to play a multiplayer game. It's great for games like Overcooked. There is a 1 hour limit on it though, after which you have to restart it, which I suppose is in place to stop people leaving their PS4 on all day with Share Play on so a friend could essentially play a game they don't own for an unlimited time. There's some other limitations too, ofc the share play-er can't access the home screen, or turn off your playstation, or share the gameplay, etc.

It can be a little fiddly but once it's working it can be great fun. I've only ever hosted though so can't say how well it runs from the other end. My brother's internet is a piece of shit too, and he seems to get on alright.

Edited by hogso

welnik    3

So my son has managed to get himself banned from PSN for a month, which means I can't play Destiny for a month!  Is there any way I can get around this or is it all about my ip address. Is there any way I can mask my ip and will sony know? I wouldn't mind but he's only 12!

Rant over, and calm!  Hopefully you all know more than I do and I can get on the Iron banner later this week. 

Cheers Nick 

Davkaus    7,332

They either ban the account, or the console, you can google the specific error code you see to find out which it is. They don't care about your IP at all.

If it's an account ban, I don't think there's anything stopping you from creating your own PSN account and playing Destiny on that.

If it's a console ban, I think you're shit out of luck, you should probably spend your Destiny time over the next month thrashing your son so he knows better next time. ;)  

Davkaus    7,332

Good question, you really have to bloody try to get banned from PSN. The amount of abuse I've handed out without a ban surprises even me :P 

welnik    3
49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They either ban the account, or the console, you can google the specific error code you see to find out which it is. They don't care about your IP at all.

If it's an account ban, I don't think there's anything stopping you from creating your own PSN account and playing Destiny on that.

If it's a console ban, I think you're shit out of luck, you should probably spend your Destiny time over the next month thrashing your son so he knows better next time. ;)  

Can I create a new account and transfer all the data as i'm 400 ll. I don't want to be staring again 

Cheers Nick