Playstation 4

hogso

On 02/01/2017 at 21:04, Stevo985 said:

I've had Witcher 3 for 12 months now, and play it pretty regularly.

I haven't even got to Skellige yet :crylaugh:

OMG. You can still go back and forth to Velen/Novigrad after you open up Skellige, so no reason not to open it up.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

OMG. You can still go back and forth to Velen/Novigrad after you open up Skellige, so no reason not to open it up.

Well I said to myself that I'd complete all of the quests (so not the question marks) that are my level or below in Novigrad before I moved on to Skellige.

But that was in like, August :crylaugh:

to be fair I have had a few months where I've barely played it. I've probably put 10 hours into it since about September.

My problem is I really don't play that much PS4 anymore, especially since moving in with a bloody female, and when i do it's usually Rocket League or Trials with some of the VT boys

• Like 1

@Stevo985 you need the 2 TV set kid, 7pm rocks up your missus wants to watch emmerdale on the big tv, you fill your boots bab I've got a little 17" TV set up on the floor with some headphones I'll mind my own business, Monday night you're talking 6.30 hollyoaks till 9pm corrie finishing, Wednesday night midsummer murder? You crack on love

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

@Stevo985 you need the 2 TV set kid, 7pm rocks up your missus wants to watch emmerdale on the big tv, you fill your boots bab I've got a little 17" TV set up on the floor with some headphones I'll mind my own business, Monday night you're talking 6.30 hollyoaks till 9pm corrie finishing, Wednesday night midsummer murder? You crack on love

Luckily the TV she wants to watch is usually the TV I want to watch. So it's not like we're sat there watching Eastenders when all I want to do is play PS4.

I have remote play with my phone anyway so I could always play with that (although I've only tried it once and wasn't massively impressed)

Yeah I was going to invest in one of those holders that fit on top of the PS4 controller that holds your phone.

But there's just way too much input lag for it to be usable.

I'd love to know if anyone can actually use that feature properly because it seemed unplayable to me.

I've never tried the share play thing (is that what it's called?). I'd forgotten about it to be honest.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

does anyone ever do that online multiplayer thing? 1 copy of the game but your mates can join in

Share Play - I use it with my brother. You can let them view the screen only, give them control of the game, or give them a controller to enable them to play a multiplayer game. It's great for games like Overcooked. There is a 1 hour limit on it though, after which you have to restart it, which I suppose is in place to stop people leaving their PS4 on all day with Share Play on so a friend could essentially play a game they don't own for an unlimited time. There's some other limitations too, ofc the share play-er can't access the home screen, or turn off your playstation, or share the gameplay, etc.

It can be a little fiddly but once it's working it can be great fun. I've only ever hosted though so can't say how well it runs from the other end. My brother's internet is a piece of shit too, and he seems to get on alright.

Edited by hogso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my son has managed to get himself banned from PSN for a month, which means I can't play Destiny for a month!  Is there any way I can get around this or is it all about my ip address. Is there any way I can mask my ip and will sony know? I wouldn't mind but he's only 12!

Rant over, and calm!  Hopefully you all know more than I do and I can get on the Iron banner later this week. 

Cheers Nick 

They either ban the account, or the console, you can google the specific error code you see to find out which it is. They don't care about your IP at all.

If it's an account ban, I don't think there's anything stopping you from creating your own PSN account and playing Destiny on that.

If it's a console ban, I think you're shit out of luck, you should probably spend your Destiny time over the next month thrashing your son so he knows better next time. ;)  

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They either ban the account, or the console, you can google the specific error code you see to find out which it is. They don't care about your IP at all.

If it's an account ban, I don't think there's anything stopping you from creating your own PSN account and playing Destiny on that.

If it's a console ban, I think you're shit out of luck, you should probably spend your Destiny time over the next month thrashing your son so he knows better next time. ;)  

Can I create a new account and transfer all the data as i'm 400 ll. I don't want to be staring again 

Cheers Nick 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Good question, you really have to bloody try to get banned from PSN. The amount of abuse I've handed out without a ban surprises even me :P 

Oh I dunno, I got an account perma banned because of it's name - jizzlobber. 

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:59, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lack of quality games on this console to be honest, disappointing. 

That's a bit harsh when it has 2 quality games at the moment both of which are exclusives.

If that is a general criticism of the next gent consoles as a whole I agree. I have an xbox one and there really is such a limited release schedule now, obviously the budget and scope of games has changed recently and they cant afford to spend 50 million on a dud it means the release schedule is now really only 1-2 games a month and if those don't grab you then you can go months without wanting to pick a new game up.

if you dont like halo or gears then yeah you're in trouble with xbone

ps4 is slightly better, if you delve in to PSN or didnt have a PS3 so are playing the HD games for the first time then theres enough to keep you going, other than that there seems to be a fair few 8/10 games, not sure on the stone cold 10/10s

uncharted, last guardian, horizon, bloodborne, infamous, until dawn, ratchet and clank, street fighter 5, little big planet, gravity rush 2, MLB the show, yakuza 0, driveclub, killzone, nioh, the order, tearaway

on PSN you've got day of the tentacle, journey, resogun, everybodys gone to the rapture, grim fandango, grow home, helldivers, hotline miami, flower, flow, i am setsuna

remasters you've got god of war, last of us, valkyria chronicles, gravity rush, heavy rain, kingdom hearts

i havent played all of them but there are some really good games in there, i personally really liked killzone and the order

The gaming industry has become incredibly lazy. Far too many games that are being released are sequels, and now there's an increasing trend toward remakes, which represents the laziest development of them all. Moreover, games these days put style over substance, valuing graphics over game play. 

The worst bit about PSN is that they haven't even made some of the biggest PS3 games available on the PS4 (Metal Gear Solid, GTA 4 etc). 

Gaming right now is in the worst place it has been in a long time. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

to be fair industry in general has become lazy or they'd probably say financially astute, a sequel costs less to make and has a higher chance of success, whats lacking is new IPs being propped up by successful franchises, id say its only pretty much ubisoft running that model now

agree about graphics over gameplay but at the same time after years on the gamespot message boards its amazing how much importance the market seems to put on it,  the horizon review comments soon turn to fps

i might be wrong here but the developers are building on an existing game engine, they dont build one from scratch for every game, therefore the graphics element of it is the easiest part to get to a really high standard, story, gameplay, sound etc all have to start from scratch, plus then you add in a top notch game graphically is easier to market than a game with complex but brilliant gameplay, case in point right now being death stranding, its already going to sell millions of copies based on the first 2 trailers but no one actually knows what it is

• Like 1

Â