Playstation 4

hogso

MGS5 is a different game to MGS4, and is flawed and basically unfinished, but it's awesome.

You get given an open world that you go into with fairly straightforward missions (go here and rescue/kill him mostly), but it basically let's you approach doing those simple tasks more or less however you like. And let's you develop increasingly silly/awesome ways of doing them as the game goes on.

The gameplay is so good it overcomes the fact the plot is bobbins and it's obvious there's a third of the game missing.

Resident Evil games are now almost universally shit. 7 might be alright but it's a very different thing.

Edited by Chindie

On 12/29/2016 at 12:19, bannedfromHandV said:

Sounds awesome, I presume the game still needs to be playing on the TV at the same time or do you just play it through the headset?

You just play it through the headset, although it's displayed in 2D on the TV at the same time.  Some games seem to have a coop feature where people watching the TV can join in by using the other controller, but I haven't tried those yet.

One game I downloaded has you in a shark cage exploring a coral reef.  You get fish swimming right up in front of your face, it is indeed incredible.  The only thing I'd say is that in future the graphics will be sharper with the next gen, as at times they can be a bit rough around the edges, and not what you'd call HD.

On 12/30/2016 at 14:15, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok so I just got a PS4. They chucked in FIFA 17 for £20 which I immediately took to CEX and swapped in for £25 of credit. 

I got Witcher 3 as recommended by just about everyone and the console came with Overwatch and Ratchet and Clank, which I'm going to give a bash before deciding whether to trade in. I'm also going to download The Last of Us as soon as I get in and play that through in my pants while everyone else celebrates NYE because I have the man flu. 

Is Metal Gear Solid 5 worth a bash? MGS 4 was the last game I played right through, I absolutely loved it. The series is close to my heart. Also, what are the Resident Evil games like these days? 

Sickeningly horrific, stay well away.

On 30/12/2016 at 14:15, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Also, what are the Resident Evil games like these days? 

Resident Evil 4 was great and that's on PlayStation 4 in remastered form.

Resident Evil Remake HD is great, but again it's an old game spruced up a bit like Resident Evil 4 has been.

Most of the new Resident Evil games aren't all that great. Resident Evil Revelations 2 was pretty cool, it was an episodic game trying to look like a TV show. It was one of the better recent games in the series though.

Then of course Resident Evil 7 is out in a few weeks and that game is really good at least from what I have played of it. It's not like any other Resident Evil though, it's a first person horror game that is as much psychological horror as it is survival. Though the plus side is that it's actually the first scary Resident Evil since Resident Evil 2 so it's at least doing something right.

If you want to play both, I'd start with Skyrim. It's a great game, but TW3 is stronger in gameplay, story, and looks better. I don't think you'll enjoy much about Skyrim going back to play it after TW3.

Â