Playstation 4

hogso

21 hours ago, Straggler said:

I''m looking for local co op games for my kids.  It seems that the choices are really rather limited.  They don't do shooters particularly and are a bit young for the more realistic racing games.  I was hoping for something like micro machines for them, but that hasn't been around since PS3.  they already have Trials Fusion and a bunch of lego games, I just want something to freshen up the portfolio to prevent them playing the same old thing time after time.  (they also have minecraft which they enjoy).  Any advice most welcome and if it can manage 4 players all the better

thanks

Overcooked is the best 'local co op' game I have played for years, and would encourage anyone to play it. You work in a restuarant (using the term loosely, you pick from characters such as a crocodile, panda, pig, that sort of thing, and the kitchens are in places such as a jungle, iceberg, on the back of two moving lorries, spacestation...), orders come in, and you have to juggle 'stations' in the kitchen to get the orders made and put out to service.

Some kitchens have their individual challenges, like the medieval kitchen which is haunted, and ghosts move stuff around. 

It is hilarious. I guess it depends how old your kids are really, but for something a bit different it might be worth a pop. It's best played with 4, but does get bloody hard! So if it causes world war 3 in your household, not my fault.

Plants v Zombies 2 is a great example of a kids 'shooter' with local co op. Rayman Legends and Littlebig Planet 3 are kid friendly too.

Thanks for the advice guys, really helpful stuff. Terraria and Overcooked are looking the prime candidates at the moment.  I'll let you know what the kids think. (possibly little big planet if the budget will stretch)

• Like 1

It's a shame there isn't an online option, although it's a very purposeful move by the dev. A mate of mine has it and 3 of us took our controllers round for a game or two on PS4. Ended up playing for hours, it did nearly put an end to years long friendships though :lol: I'm kinda tempted to get it myself, it does have a single player, but I can't imagine playing it that way really.

I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow.

£110 - headset, GTA 5, Fallout 4, Destiny, Bloodborne and a few other games

I can't wait, my mate is coming round to mine tomorrow so I've asked him to bring the new COD round so I can shoot some foolz on it.

Edited by leemond2008

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Nah computer games don't tend to stress me out, people and generally everything else possible does but not games

Played a Souls game before? If not you may be surprised.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Played a Souls game before? If not you may be surprised.

Yeah I used to love watching my old flat mate play it, I found it more enjoyable watching and helping him play it rather than play it myself.

He lent me Dark Souls 2, I did quite well on it before getting bored of it, I don't generally have the stamina for games like that

On 15/12/2016 at 10:31, leemond2008 said:

I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow.

£110 - headset, GTA 5, Fallout 4, Destiny, Bloodborne and a few other games

I can't wait, my mate is coming round to mine tomorrow so I've asked him to bring the new COD round so I can shoot some foolz on it.

You got a bargain there mate.

Decent selection of games too :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a VR headset for Xmas.  It's absolutely incredible.  So far the games feel a bit basic in that they look like they're designed to show off the capabilities rather than being great games, but they're all very well done indeed.   The Star Wars Battlefront X Wing VR download is nothing short of incredible.

On 12/28/2016 at 12:13, Risso said:

I got a VR headset for Xmas.  It's absolutely incredible.  So far the games feel a bit basic in that they look like they're designed to show off the capabilities rather than being great games, but they're all very well done indeed.   The Star Wars Battlefront X Wing VR download is nothing short of incredible.

Sounds awesome, I presume the game still needs to be playing on the TV at the same time or do you just play it through the headset?

Ok so I just got a PS4. They chucked in FIFA 17 for £20 which I immediately took to CEX and swapped in for £25 of credit. 

I got Witcher 3 as recommended by just about everyone and the console came with Overwatch and Ratchet and Clank, which I'm going to give a bash before deciding whether to trade in. I'm also going to download The Last of Us as soon as I get in and play that through in my pants while everyone else celebrates NYE because I have the man flu. 

Is Metal Gear Solid 5 worth a bash? MGS 4 was the last game I played right through, I absolutely loved it. The series is close to my heart. Also, what are the Resident Evil games like these days? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I think VR is here to stay, but I'd recommend waiting till 2nd gen before taking them up on it. It might well be that the next gen of consoles ship with it as a standard peripheral. 

It does look incredible though, right now. Let me know when I can pop round Martin. 

Â