Hitler wanted Bridgnorth to be his HQ

PauloBarnesi

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-20592917

Nazi documents suggest Adolf Hitler planned to make his personal headquarters in Shropshire if he had successfully invaded Britain during World War II.

Historians think he considered Shropshire as the ideal base because it was located in the centre of the country with excellent rail and communication links.

The historical maps illustrate how the Nazis had earmarked Bridgnorth as a town they wanted to move into as a potential base.

Presenter Richie Woodall looks at how Shropshire could have become Hitler's base if he had won the war.

BBC Inside Out is broadcast on BBC One in the West Midlands on Monday, 10 December at 19:30 GMT and nationwide on the iPlayer thereafter for seven days.

Lovely place. I think Hitler would have lowered the tone, though, what with his fascism and anti semitism and warmongering and aryan supremacy nonsense, so it's probably for the best that he didn't get to set up there.

Do you know Bridgnorth Paulo ? There is this God - awful hill out of it towards Wolverhampton called The Hermitage. Well beloved by Midlands cyclists who can climb (so not me !!)

Requires 39 X 21. Just in case you take a ride out there.

Just out of interest, I believe there is quite well-known, errrmm Massage Parlour just outside Bridgnorth too.

Lovely place. I think Hitler would have lowered the tone, though, what with his fascism and anti semitism and warmongering and aryan supremacy nonsense, so it's probably for the best that he didn't get to set up there.

Smart dresser though, and always well presented, even in the most trying of circumstances.

Â