Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Wouldn't bet against Derrick Williams getting a gig for that left wing-back role. Lambert's not afraid of throwing kids in at the deep end and Norwich away is probably a decent context for the kid to show if he is up to it. Lichaj's lack of attacking threat is a real problem for us; Williams being a left footer with a bit of pace might be a worthwhile gamble.

Should probably stick to one of our recent formations (4231 / 541) and just swap a few of the personnel around a bit. Would personally play:

Given

Lowton Clark Baker Lichaj

Delph KEA

Weimann Ireland NZogbia

Bent

Forget resting players, we need to go for this, we have Plop away on Saturday which is going to be a very tough game - winning tonight could spur on the lads to get a point on the weekend, and continuing our cup run will boost their confidence dramatically.

Also think Lambert will want to get a win back at his old gaff so really cannot see him resting and switching the side around.

2-1 Villa

Tettey and Hoolahan are both huge losses for Norwich, I heard some stats yesterday that they've never lost when Tettey's played. He's the sort of mopping up midfield player we so desperately need.

Bit surprised about Tettey and the way he has coped. He was a decent team member in Rosenborg, nothing more. And he did not play in his last season at Rennes.

Thought he would be nothing more than an ok player for a relegation candidate.

Can't wait for this. Being a resident of the fine city of Norwich and not getting to as many Villa games as I'd like to I'm well up for this and really really hope we can get the win. For the last few weeks I've had to put up with being told by Norwich fans how they should have no problem winning tonight and that Lambert is word removed and they are better off without him and Villa are sh**e and falling like Newcastle did when they got relegated. I like Norwich and generally like to see them do well but tonight it it'll be a joy to behold for me if we win.

• Like 1

What's the parking situation by Norwich? Matchday parking for a fiver or quite a few local roads to park on for free?

nearby to Carrow Rd generally its all permit parking in the close residential areas, across the road from the stadium is a retail park with Morrisons, Boots, Next etc, not sure what the score is for matchday/night parking (its free when you go shopping) but there is loads of car park spaces, that will be the closest and easiest place to park. Apart from that there a multi-storey near the train station thats a short walk from the ground and 3/4 in town. Norwich City Council have parking locked down unfortunately not many places really for free parking I'm afraid.

nearby to Carrow Rd generally its all permit parking in the close residential areas, across the road from the stadium is a retail park with Morrisons, Boots, Next etc, not sure what the score is for matchday/night parking (its free when you go shopping) but there is loads of car park spaces, that will be the closest and easiest place to park. Apart from that there a multi-storey near the train station thats a short walk from the ground and 3/4 in town. Norwich City Council have parking locked down unfortunately not many places really for free parking I'm afraid.

The car park at NC County Hall IS open I understand, but if you park at Morrison's you'll either get clamped or locked in!

There's is no on street parking on matchdays, there are a few spaces at the railway station.

Hope this helps.

The car park at NC County Hall IS open I understand, but if you park at Morrison's you'll either get clamped or locked in!

There's is no on street parking on matchdays, there are a few spaces at the railway station.

Hope this helps.

nice one Wiz, cheers for the heads up in the Morrisson's car park situation, effing joke really as that would be a perfect place to park, why can't they just open it up for matchdays.