• Bannan
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 66)
    • Ireland (for Holman 66)
    • Delph (for Bannan 78)

Dire, totally dire. Stoke are terrible, they are a disgrace to football. Dirty rough house talentless pricks.. Thought we were okay 1st half today then Lambert totally killed it with the substitutions and system change.

It's encouraging to see our young and inexperienced defenders being so composed, organised and concentrated. Very few errors at the back. We need more midfielders to become a goal threat though, otherwise our target-man tactic will become very predictable.

Fairly happy with a point.

Guzan 7: Solid as a rock

Lowton 7: Very dependable

Baker 7: Really starting to look the part

ClarK 7: See above

Lichaj 7: Has cut out the stupid rash tackles

Herd 6: Great tackling but do we need him playing there?

Westwood 6: Decent enough

Holmann 6: Only player in midfield to offer anything going forward

Bannan 5: Not his best match

Gabby 6: Does well when he gets the ball but didn't get it enough

Benteke 7: The beast should have scored

Subs

Bent 5: Didn't get a sniff of the ball, but this doesn't mean he shouldn't play, if he plays Gabby and Benteke need to stay on

Ireland 5: Passes forward, def needs to start if we are going to score more goals.

Delph: Too late to rate

Lambert: 6

Has got us defending brilliantly and keeping possession well as a team, but we need some creative thinking amongst all this hard work and industry. At the very least Ireland should be starting, he's proved a point that the kids are alright, now he needs to push on from that.

What a awful nasty side Stoke are

So many people have been calling for those subs for so long, but it was bad when they came on. Just looking at the stats, Ireland only had a 44% pass completion (the rest of the team bar Lichaj were over 80% today) and Bent only had 5 touches. Wish I knew what was going on with these two, but currently they are not the answer the team is looking for.

• Like 1

People who are saying Bannan didn't have a great match need to watch Delph. When Bannan went off, our attack completely died. Bannan may not always get his passes off but he is the reason we even get forward. Delph makes me angry when I see him playing. He avoids the ball and when he does get it, he immediately looks to pass it back. Lowton had the ball and had no one to pass to. Delph was wide open in the center but he started jogging away from Lowton so he wouldn't get the ball. Just watch Delph, he is awful.

Didn't see the game, but a point isn't a bad result, even if it does sound like it was an awful game of football.

We seem to be really settling down at the back, which is good. Being hard to beat will ensure we stay in the league and give us a base to build off going forward.

Not remotely surprised to hear Westwood was man of the match again. I think he's my favourite player right now.

• Like 1

Agree re Westwood. He could be something special but he needs to start taking players on and driving forward. Have a shot or two mate!

Benteke was fantastic again, but those who worry about losing him to the top 6 I think we can rest easy until his finishing picks up. Had at least 3-4 gettable shots today and fair enough one was brilliantly blocked, but we really need him to bury those.

I liked the balance of the 3-5-2 today but we really need wing-backs who can deliver the ball into the right areas. Lowton is not too bad but Lichaj, though good defensively today, was an abomination up forward.

I loved our defensive work and the take-no-shit attitude of the lads down there. They didn't back down or flinch at the bully-boy tactics. And was I the only one who was half-expecting Guzan to deck Jones when he came in strongly for a cross?

Play of the day though for me was after Herd was taken out and lying on the ground and Lichaj charged down Shotton and completely poleaxed him!! It was pure Aussie Rules!!

• Like 1

Westwood was absolutely fantastic, Lowton brilliant too.

Thought Benteke had an off day today, his link up play was quite poor but can't fault the effort. Same goes for Licjah too, worked hard but every time we attacked down the left it stopped when he was on the ball. Need a natural LB for balance

I loved our defensive work and the take-no-shit attitude of the lads down there. They didn't back down or flinch at the bully-boy tactics. And was I the only one who was half-expecting Guzan to deck Jones when he came in strongly for a cross?

That's one thing that stood out for me today and pleased me greatly. They were playing with some real bite making it clear to Stoke we'll put a bit of stick about and not get bullied in our own back yard.

Agree re Westwood. He could be something special but he needs to start taking players on and driving forward. Have a shot or two mate!

I completely disagree.

That's not what he's there for.

Your a bit predictable really, blatantly biased.

how so? the system change and the subs did kill the momentum. Even the commentary team said the same thing. it went flat

Amazing to see people talking in such

superlatives about a side that has just

managed to draw 0-0 at home to Stoke and mustered 5 shots on target all match. On the face of it a very McLeishian result. I can't wait to watch it on Match First to see all these 7, 8, and 9-rated performances!

Oh, and welcome back 16th place.

Â