• Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Bent (for Agbonlahor 66)
    • Ireland (for Holman 66)
    • Delph (for Bannan 78)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

This thread will automatically unlock after the match. A MOTM poll will be added later.

Solid performance. Stoke entirely embarrassing. One shot all game, under 40% possession and just seemed intent on trying to kick the shit out of us.

Bent offering **** all too. Surprise, surprise.

Good performance, but we just didn't have the final ball/finishing. Defensively strong & I think the system suits, with Herd as extra defender, but both him and Baker able to bring the ball forward. It's the link between Benteke & Agbonlahor/Bent and the midfield which is missing. Ireland didn't have a great deal of impact filling that hole. Holman was okay first half, but again just didn't quite provide enough link.

Probably give MOTM to Baker or Herd. We limited Stoke to almost zero chances & defended set pieces well.

nice and tidy in possession, but we created nothing of note throughout the game. still thats nothing new this season, 12 goals in 16 i think now. we really need to find a way to score goals and pick up wins.

defense did well though.

Stoke made no effort to play football, no shots on goal. Huth should have been booked several times (elbow across the face of Lowton, caught Westwood studs up), N'Zonzi shoved somebody the face, several handballs. Jones barging into Guzan after he claimed a cross. Shotton's second yellow was harsh but he should get booked more for the timewasting that comes from their long throws.

Great first half display, when we changed our shape it became difficult. Westwood is an easy MOTM, Lowtown followed closely. We need to get more bodies in the box from crosses.

Clark, Baker and Lowton really good. Westwood very nice again. Gabby had one of his better games. Lichaj is very limited.

Stoke defended very well. Disappointed with Ireland when he came on. He never seems to step up.

Guzan - 7 - never under any trouble but did simple stuff confidently

Lowton - 7 - Defended well and got forward with ease, i'd like to see cleverer crosses in the future

Baker - 8 - Fantastic, very assured performance, difficult to drop.

Clark - 7.5 - Just behind Baker, rash at times but dealt very well with everything Stoke threw at us.

Lichaj - 5 - Bad game IMO, defensively OK, going forward pretty poor, too rash, future squad player at most.

Herd - 6.5 - Got stuck in, very calm,

Holman - 6.5 - A few great passes, always looking to take on a shot, not the complete player but decent

Bannan - 6 - Poor for him on recent form, wasteful passing, but worked hard, sure he'll bounce back

Westwood - 7.5 - Impressive again, did the simple things well and threw in some great tricks

Benteke - 9 - Love this guy, worked his socks off, very intelligent, shame he didn't get a 'sitter' but created well for himself

Agbonlahor - 7 Faded in and out, but showed we miss him when he went off.

Subs:-

Bent - 5 - Lambert knows what he is doing

Ireland - 6 - Few glimpses of quality, glad he came on

Delph - not on long enough really, didn't do anything significantly wrong/right.

Lambert - 8 - I thought he tactics were spot on, nice to see us with a bit of versatility, the goals will come. I think the 2nd half performance drop was as much Stoke changing their style as opposed to us sitting back.

I think we are looking a solid mid-table team these days. Certainly 2 points dropped today really though.

Â