O’Hara: "Things were so much easier when I earned 100pound a week on WTS"

Genie

I can see what he's trying to say, he's just worded it wrong. Life was less stressful for me before I had a mortgage, wife and kids to support. However, you lve within your means. If I increased my salary, I'd spend more on things I don't exactly need, if I had to take a cut then I'd spend less on the things I don't need.

However in his position with working hours etc I don't think doing charity events takes up too much of his own time. I'm sure he's home before the average worker! I can't see him being too bothered when the bills come in every month nd sitting there working out how he's going to pay for them. Now that's stress!

I repeat. Why the hell does he need a mortgage?

A few months savings would buy a house outright. Even if did have one, he could pay it all off in a year, tops.

Because buying outright is generally a bad thing to do when people want to loan you money at low rates of interest.

You can get a mortgage at under 3% if you're a decent borrower, which footballers probably will be.

If you can get a return of over 3% on investing your money, you'd be foolish to not take the mortgage as it'd actually cost you money to buy outright.

Â