Movie Soundtracks and Scores

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are some of your favourite soundtracks of all time?* However uber-hipster obscure or commercially popular—it's all good. (Maybe it's just one single song from a soundtrack, too, such as Lulu's "To Sir, With Love," etc.) Please just add a YouTube link if available in whole or part! 

Always looking for a good film soundtrack to add to the playlist. Thanks! 

* Edit: Games soundtracks welcome, too!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
* Edit: Games soundtracks welcome, too!

Top Hat, High Society, Casablanca, The Third Man, Ascenseur pour l'échafaud, Heart of Glass, The Magnificent Seven, How the West Was Won, The Big Country, For a Few Dollars More (actually anything by Morricone, tbh), Death in Venice, American Graffiti, Zabriskie Point, Jean de Florette, The Harder They Come, The Battle of Britain, Shaft, The Wicker Man, Easy Rider, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Almost Famous, Heaven's Gate, The Godfather, Taxi Driver. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

My favourite hands-down for years has been Han Zimmer's work on Terence Malick's Thin Red Line. Still blows my mind, and the film is amazing: 

I was going to say the Thin Red Line, but not Hans Zimmer’s orchestral stuff - the Melanesian choir is what I thought was incredible. Was completely obsessed with that film.

• Like 1

Don’t really listen to film scores but I do own a couple of video game ones on CD.

Halo 2 and TLoZ: Twilight Princess.

Both fantastic soundtracks.

An Individual track I always listen to is Streets of Rage - Moon Beach

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Don’t really listen to film scores but I do own a couple of video game ones on CD.

Halo 2 and TLoZ: Twilight Princess.

Both fantastic soundtracks.

An Individual track I always listen to is Streets of Rage - Moon Beach

Great thinking to include games.

Â