December Optimism Gauge

maqroll

At least we know for certain that there are several sides that are as bad or worse than Aston Villa right now. I think we'll maintain our current position in the table, and hopefully improve on it by February.

Full of optimism - 3 games on the spin without a defeat. One lucky win, and two plucky draws against opposition and at venues where a point is always good no matter where we are in the league.

Stoke will be a tough match, but at least we are at home. Let's hope some sort of crowd actually turns up to cheer us on.

Latter stages of a cup, moving up the league, team starting to gel a bit more, come through a tough month and now on an unbeaten run, January transfer window about to open. Plenty to be optimistic about

• Like 1

Well we got a point from our first fixture in December against QPR and we have Stoke, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan to follow.

Could we possibly get seven points out of them? I'd hope so :D that'd be eight points all together and give us 21 points. I'd hope that'd be alright.

I'm pretty optimistic, we were playing well and losing, then we played well and drew followed by playing not as well and getting a win and a draw, gonna carry on being a bit of a rollercoaster I think, but as long as there are enough highs, we should be 'fine' as Lambert would say.

Still very concerned that we will pulled back into the bottom three again. Our next four games are very tough indeed.

Since there were some posters who were beating their chest at the performances against Man U and City even though we lost both those games, i wonder what their opinion is of both games against Reading and QPR where our performances were, to be kind, poor?

As i said at the time, our so called 'improvement' can't be gaged by 'performances,' it must only be gaged by points and taking that into consideration, yes we have improved, but we shall see how much over the next four or five games?

Since there were some posters who were beating their chest at the performances against Man U and City even though we lost both those games, i wonder what their opinion is of both games against Reading and QPR where our performances were, to be kind, poor?

I think everyone's acknowledged that the performances weren't good, but are happy that we managed to still get some results without playing well.

On a similar note, seeing as there were certain posters who claimed the performance against united didn't matter because we lost, I assume they're buzzing now given our last 3 results, seeing as it's only the results that matter after all.

The point is that if the performance against Utd counted for nothing because we lost (fair enough if that's your opinion), then it is completely hypocritical to criticise the performances against Reading and QPR when we got the points. You can't have it both ways.

Well we got a point from our first fixture in December against QPR and we have Stoke, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan to follow.

Could we possibly get seven points out of them? I'd hope so :D that'd be eight points all together and give us 21 points. I'd hope that'd be alright.

I'm pretty optimistic, we were playing well and losing, then we played well and drew followed by playing not as well and getting a win and a draw, gonna carry on being a bit of a rollercoaster I think, but as long as there are enough highs, we should be 'fine' as Lambert would say.

7 would be amazing, 6 would be great and 5 points will do i would think. less than that and we'll be going a bit backwards after gaining some momentum of late.

as for optimism, i think we can only get better from here on in, there'll be a few out and a few in to the club during the jan window. bringing the squad more towards what PL is after. the u21s doing well it seems too, a few of them must be edging nearer the squad and at last we have a manager who can bring them on. by the end of the month i reckon we'll be 14th with a bit more of a gap between us and the bottom clubs and less of a gap to mid table. let's face it, it's been shit for a while but i'm optimistic we are turning it around.

i spose this should be for the jan optimism gauge but i really am optimistic about what henke will turn up for us in january!

Based on current form, performance and results I think we will realistically get 5 points out of December

Stoke & Spurs we'll draw and we beat Wigan whilst losing to Liverpool and Chelsea .

That should keep us at about 16/17th.

Latter stages of a cup, moving up the league, team starting to gel a bit more, come through a tough month and now on an unbeaten run, January transfer window about to open. Plenty to be optimistic about

Too true Richard and there has been for a while.

Based on current form, performance and results I think we will realistically get 5 points out of December

Stoke & Spurs we'll draw and we beat Wigan whilst losing to Liverpool and Chelsea .

If McLeish can fluke an away win at the Bridge I'm sure Lambert can mastermind one.

Can't see us getting anything out of Spuds CI and i think we'll only get two points out of Stoke and Wigan with us losing against Liverpool and Chelsea.

A very difficult month coming up.

Which was my original point and have stated it twice now. Get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning or are you trying to get your posts removed by the mods again?

Your point was people who praised the performances against United should acknowledge the low quality of the performances against Reading and QPR. Indicated by the quote below (unless I've inferred something incorrectly, happy to be corrected). FWIW I completely agree with you.

However, my point was the people (not necessarily you) who said the performance against United was irrelevant because the result was a defeat, should by that logic be ignoring the quality of the performance against QPR and Reading because we got results.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm just replying to your point. You don't have to be so defensive. How your last sentence is relevant is beyond me.

Â