Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Sorry if posted. Read this on BBC website and thought someone else might find it interesting

Villa are vying to win consecutive home matches within the same season for the first time in 28 months.

They last achieved back-to-back league wins at Villa Park in August 2010, against West Ham and Everton respectively.

They have only won two of their last 12 home games in the Premier League, averaging a point per game in that sequence (W2, D6, L4).

Their tally of 14 points from 15 games is the club's joint-lowest at this stage of a season since the 1994-95 campaign.

Only winless QPR have scored fewer than the 12 goals mustered by Villa so far.Paul Lambert's side have gained only one point from losing positions this season - the joint-worst record in the division.They visit Liverpool and Chelsea in their next two league fixtures and then host Tottenham.

Starting out in a bit. Looks like being about 34k.

We need to start this game well as if Stoke get on top of us we will struggle to get back control of the game.

There is no point trying to match them in terms of their physical game. What we need to do is play with a good tempo, keep the ball well and not give away any needless set pieces.

Guzan in goal obviously. We are down to the bare bones in defence so it seems we will have to go with whoever is fit. As for the forward 6 I would go with Westwood, Herd and Ireland centrally, Gabby and Weimann wide and Benteke up top.

Providing we start well I can see us winning 2-1.

yeah were in trouble today i think.

We have no width so no fullback protection. They will swing crosses in all day and with their height we are in trouble.

We really need to keep the ball as long as possible..put them on the backfoot and play OUR game.. if we have similar tactics to last week.. we are going to get ****.

VILLA: Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark, Lichaj, Holman, Westwood, Bannan, Herd, Agbonlahor ©, Benteke. Subs: Given, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Weimann, Williams, Delph, Bent.

Our bench looks better than whats actually going to play.