Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

The best we can hope for is 3 points.

yup i don't think we can hope for 4 points realistically.

we're favourites and we're at home, i reckon we shouldn't be worried about trying to match them physically or get into a fight with them and compromise our side's shape to accomodate more big players in the line up. we should be set up to keep the ball as much as possible as stoke will be fairly generous in pumping it up the pitch to give it us back. the longer we hold on to it when they do give it away will take the heat off us in terms of physical battles and get them chasing shadows. imo if we try to play them at their game we'll lose.

I´d play 4-3-3 in this game. Baker at LB to better cope with Stokes long ball, corners and throws. Herd in CM to give us some bite there.

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Baker

Bannan

Westwood

Herd

Holman

Benteke

Agbonlahor

Hoping for 2-0 but expecting 1-1.

Any news on Vlaar? If fit would definately partner him with Baker..Would still keep lIchaj at LB..

To avoid Stoke taking control with their lumping tactics, you need to get at them with pace early on..

So I'd go...

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Lichaj

Westwood, KEA

Weimann, Holman, Gabby

Benteke

I know KEA has been a bit hit and miss, but think he will add needed energy into the mix. Bannan would just get bullied in this game.

This will be the first time I've been to two games in the same season before (I think), after I went to the Swansea game earlier in the season.

I would start with:

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar© - Clark - Baker

El Ahmadi - Westwood

Weimann - Ireland - Gabby

Benteke

Stoke are poor away from home usually, though they did just beat Baggies at The Hawthorns I guess. I'll go with 2-0 to us.

I would go for

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Clark

Westwood El Ahmadi Bannan

Ireland

Agbonlahor Benteke

Would probably switch one of the midfield or attack for Bent in the second half, depending on how we are doing after the first 45. I think this could be an interesting match, if we get into the game from the off and stifle their style of play, put them on the back foot, then i can see us winning easily. if we play like we have the last 2 games we don't stand a chance. hoping for a win, not because of who we're playing but because of who we have to play in the next few games.

Despite everyone slagging off stoke i am really looking forward to this game and want to watch it. i think this is a great test to see how far we've come and where we are currently. Prove the pundits wrong, lads.

• Like 1