• Herd
    • Holman
    • Agbonlahor (capt)
    • Benteke
    • Williams (on for Herd - 65')
    • Delph (on for Bannan - 67')
    • El Ahmadi (on for Holman - 70')

So what do I do then?

I just don't think he has done anything yet that is deserving of our trust in him.

Ignore his drivel?

Ah, one of 'The Usual Suspects.' I would however suggest that if you think I post 'drivel' then simply practice what you preach. You could actually try debating for once rather than constantly insulting my posts but maybe that's too much to expect from you.

You're probably right!

I Like Lambert and I thought the subs today actually gave us more of a foothold in a game we were getting battered in. Admittedly I'd have liked to have seen Ireland at some point but Delph (who I don't rate) didn't do too badly.

QPR have some good players and Redknapp will get them playing again. Today wasn't that bad of a point. We do need to go and beat Stoke though.

The performance was dire though but as I've stated elsewhere it was a welcome point.

Yep we need, Guardiola or Ancelloti or Mourinho and just by the mere fact that they are standing on the touchline we will win games.

God, Lambert is so crap at standing on the touchline.

No what we need is better results and performances which Lambert has struggled to provide for most of the season.

Did we actually play with 3-5-2 / 5-3-2?

It looked like a four man defence to me, but I know others have said that Herd played as a CB. My inability to decide this despite having watched the whole game is mainly due to my not seeing Herd at all until he was replaced - having not spotted him during play, I'm not sure where he was. Anyways - it looked like four at the back to me. How wrong am I today?

The most shocking performance yesterday came from the commentators, it's the most biased garbage I've heard in years. It's like Sky has a love affair with the Redknapp family. I guess fraud and tax evasion goes hand in hand with tapping phone lines and hacking email accounts. It's not the first time it's been bad tho, and it was far worse for Swansea, even as Swansea were up 2-0 they kept praising Cozorla and saying how bad Arsenal were and that Swansea were lucky to play them on a day off.

You need to be from London, Liverpool or Manchester to be liked by the media in our part of the world, no matter how well you're playing.

Interesting to note many posters slating the performance. I was there and admittedly my view was obscured by a bloody big pillar but first half we looked composed and creative going forward. Herd wasn't anonymous, his role was to stifle Taarabt which he did to a certain extent before he tired. We started well and had we held onto the lead untill half time i've no doubt we would've won. I was surprised that Ireland didn't get a run out as Holman was poor - despite scoring - he gets into good positions but his feet and head aren't quick enough to execute the pass whereas Ireland can.

Yes QPR are poor and they're bottom of the league but don't underestimate the Redknapp factor. They have been lifted by his appointment so i see it as a point gained by us and 2 dropped by them.

I hope they go down, they're a shit team in a shit ground with a section of idiots that sing about killing a steward. No need for it.

Decent first half, awful second.

I hope we buy some better players in January, we need them.

Saved me typing anything mate!

(apart from the above)

Think PL set his stall out with those subs yesterday and it could have cost us dearly. At least one should have been Weimann or Bent for two reasons; one, QPR were vulnerable at the back and showing SOME attacking intent second half would have had them on the back foot, and two, had we conceded we would have been shafted.

Still, a points a point and not a bad one given the circumstances.

From an article on the OS...

Herd is a midfielder by trade but slotted in to the defensive trio as if he'd played there all his life.

And this, Lambert admitted, after only two days training with the system.

He said: "Herdy was outstanding, he really was.

"We threw him in in training on Thursday and that was it.

"So to come in like that was really excellent. That's a compliment to him.

"We threw it on them the other day. Full credit to them."

Trying a 3 man defense after only a couple days of training is either incredibly ballsy or very silly.

Some phenomenal saves from Guzan and God bless the woodwork.

I thought Baker and Clark played well.Not for the first time the midfield didn't support the two centre-halves. Which is the only reason, to get some solidity, I can think of for those 'interesting' susbstitutions.

Benteke and Westwood played well. I'd personally prefer a midfield three of Westwood, El Ahmadi and Ireland playing constantly with three of Bent/Benteke/Weimann/Agbonlahor/Bannan/Holman in front of them.

Not losing away is good I guess, whoever you play.

Did we actually play with 3-5-2 / 5-3-2?

It looked like a four man defence to me, but I know others have said that Herd played as a CB. My inability to decide this despite having watched the whole game is mainly due to my not seeing Herd at all until he was replaced - having not spotted him during play, I'm not sure where he was. Anyways - it looked like four at the back to me. How wrong am I today?

Same here, watched the game and it looked more like our usual 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 with Lowton at RM which I said at the time was almost McLeish-esq. Seemed like we were set up to go for a draw from the start IMO.

Still was mightily disappointing how Ireland didn't play considering how he changed the Reading game and how Lichaj played the full 90 was beyond me. Just awful.

Seems like change is going to take longer than we expected from last season, but I'd be happy with the point provided we get a result against Stoke.

Â