Jimzk5

2nd in the West Midlands....what an accolade that is. Hardly a hotbed of football like the north west, and there are what only 5 pro clubs in the Midlands.

Villa

Wolves

Stoke

Wba

Small heath

Coventry

Walsall

Kiddy

Burton.

More than 5 on the midlands, and then you have leicester, derby, forrest in the east midlands

I feel a bit sorry for Wolves but..... I wonder which of their players we could get on the cheap :)

The only player worth anything there is bakary sako but his a lot like nzogbia, doumbia is handy too.

Roger johnson and o'hara have now been relegated in 3 successive seasons

isnt Doumbia on loan?

i'd take Sigurdarson 

I feel a bit sorry for Wolves but..... I wonder which of their players we could get on the cheap :)

The only player worth anything there is bakary sako but his a lot like nzogbia, doumbia is handy too.

isnt Doumbia on loan?

i'd take Sigurdarson

Yeah doumbia is on loan from rennes (where makoun is now), he was linked with us and a couple of other prem teams last summer.

Solbakken said this in today's paper before the match today:

"Steve Morgan is a fantastic business man and could have been a good owner for Wolves if he had let other people take the sport decisions. If you don't have enough knowledge of football, you must let people with that knowledge play that part".

"It still hurts to have lost the Wolves job. I was in a position where I could chose several clubs, including one Champions League club. I chose Wolves because there was one man who decided, and he wanted me. He hired me to build a new culture, create a new football identity and make sure the club should not become a laughing stock if we got a new chance in the Premier League. It was surprising that he thought this was gonna happen in 15 minutes."

Solbakken's plan was to build a new team over three transfer windows and get the right mix in the squad after profiles were sold without being replaced with the same quality.

"The ridiculous thing was that if we had 6-7 points more, we would have been on the play off place. Then I would not been fired."

isnt Doumbia on loan?

i'd take Sigurdarson

Yeah doumbia is on loan from rennes (where makoun is now), he was linked with us and a couple of other prem teams last summer.

Nope he is permanent.. Originally went on loan then after a month or two they turned it into a permanent deal. Apparently he started the season well but when it went colder he completely stopped performing.. Had to be sent back to france to recuperate as he was tired at some point.. Rumours that he is a big drinker

He was on Sky a few weeks ago and I think Solbakken had a plan dare I say similar to Houllier and he encountered the same problems with the players not wanting to oblige.

Doesnt help that Wolves have players like Roger Johnson, Jamie O'hara, Stephen Hunt who come across as word removeds but no way they should be in that position. This is a lot of squad that beat United and played 3 seasons in top flight

2nd in the West Midlands....what an accolade that is. Hardly a hotbed of football like the north west, and there are what only 5 pro clubs in the Midlands.

Villa

Wolves

Stoke

Wba

Small heath

Coventry

Walsall

Kiddy

Burton.

More than 5 on the midlands, and then you have leicester, derby, forrest in the east midlands

Also got Port Vale and Shrewsbury Town in the West Midlands and Notts County, Northampton Town, Mansfield Town and Chesterfield in the East Midlands.

I don't mind Wolves and would quite like to see them survive (hate Blues and Baggies), especially as Dean Saunders is one of my all time favourite Villa players. However, not sure he was the right man for the job in the first place. Didn't have enough experience for me to take over a club the size of Wolves. Moxey deserves all he gets though for the stupid decision to get rid of McCarthy.

I don't like seeing Wolves go to the 3rd tier. I like Wolves. They're a fine old club with a good history and I hope they trounce League One. A 'proper' club.

well they still have hope but small hope. the advantage they have is both Peterboro and Barnsley are playing teams with something to play for while Brighton are already preparing for playoffs

Nah. It's not quite into miracle territory but as a betting man I wouldn't put a penny on them staying up. Not only do they need 3 results to go their way - one of which is their own which they're basically incapable of doing - but they need a 4 goal swing in the process. It's a minor miracle. Don't forget that as much as Peterborough & Barnsley's opponents are playing for something, so are they. One of them will surely either pick up a point or PBoro will avoid a tonking. They're well able to score.

I don't like seeing Wolves go to the 3rd tier. I like Wolves. They're a fine old club with a good history and I hope they trounce League One. A 'proper' club.

I feel similarly. But I also feel sure they'll come right back up to the Championship in a year, I really do. Making their way out of the Championship, on the other hand, seems like a very distant prospect indeed. 

I feel similarly. But I also feel sure they'll come right back up to the Championship in a year, I really do. Making their way out of the Championship, on the other hand, seems like a very distant prospect indeed. 

Looking at your avatar mate, next year we will (barring a miracle) have Walsall, Wolves and Cov all in League One!

Pretty poor for West Midlands football.

Edited by TRS-T

Looking at the avatar mate, next year we will (barring a miracle) have Walsall, Wolves and Cov all in League One!

It's a disappointing situation. I know Kiddy's a bit far afield, but I actually feel especially gutted about them losing out to Wrexham in the lConference playoffs. So close! And it's sad to see Coventry in such terrible shape as a club. Edited by Shifted To Neutral

not great on Geography in UK but would Port Vale count as West Midlands? or maybe even BUrton if tehy went up

Yes and no.

West Midlands county no. There are only 6 teams in the West Midlands county - Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves, Walsall and Cov. 

West Midlands county is equivalent to other counties like Greater Manchester, Merseyside, West Yorkshire etc,

West Midlands region yes. In the West Midlands region you have the 6 teams from the West Midlands county mentioned above plus the likes of Stoke, Port Vale, Shrewsbury, Burton, Kidderminster, Hereford, Nuneaton, Telford, Tamworth etc.

West Midlands region is equivalent to other regions of England like the North West, North East, Yorkshire, East Midlands, South West etc.

When most people talk about the West Midlands they are talking about the county though.

Looking at the avatar mate, next year we will (barring a miracle) have Walsall, Wolves and Cov all in League One!

It's a disappointing situation. I know Kiddy's a bit far afield, but I actually feel especially gutted about them losing out to Wrexham in the lConference playoffs. So close! And it's sad to see Coventry in such terrible shape as a club.

Yeah was hoping Kiddy would get the title ahead of Mansfield but alas it wasn't to be.

They were bound to lose against Wrexham though what with it being the year of the Welsh dragon in sport!

Â