Jimzk5

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Back to Kenny Jackett or magic Mick for me.

I've always said, they shouldn't be allowed to play unless Don Goodman is upfront in a Goodyear shirt anyway. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Wolves would be a good step up for Graham Potter. 

I don't think Levy would go for him. Probably want another high profile name

don't see how that's a step up from Brighton tbh

42 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

don't see how that's a step up from Brighton tbh

Wolves have much better players, especially if Jimenez returns at anything like his previous level (which I don't know how likely that is).

Fosun have said that they won't be spending as much money from now on and they've also abandoned to renovate and extend the capacity of their stadium, and with talk of players leaving, or having to be sold, doesn't seem like the Wolves job is as attractive as it was a season or so back. Also a lot of managers will be put of by how they work in the transfer market, working under a Director of Football is one thing, but having an agent dictated who you sign is something else, I doubt someone like Benitez would work under those circumstances for example.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mind the gap custard bowl dwellers. This is a pivotal summer for them. Get it wrong and I'm willing to predict less than 20k gates will be the norm again very soon.

I would make bids for Neto Jiminez and Neves too just to piss them off even more

26 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Mind the gap custard bowl dwellers. This is a pivotal summer for them. Get it wrong and I'm willing to predict less than 20k gates will be the norm again very soon.

I would make bids for Neto Jiminez and Neves too just to piss them off even more

Willy Boly and Romain Saiss only have 12 months remaining on contracts

Benitez has fell out with numerous clubs over lack of control in the transfer market, I really doubt he'd work for a Mendes controlled team, especially one that doesn't even get his best clients so any manager can only take them so far. That's before you even take into consideration that they're going to be losing a lot of players soon and there is also talk of them having to sell others to raise money, talk that might not be without substance considering their owners have stated they won't be putting in as much money and have scrapped plans to extend their stadium, something they were making a big deal about before this season.

Their next manager will be another Portugese manager prepared to work with whatever Mendes gives them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely it's going to be Paulo Fonseca

Wolves have been decent against the top 6 or 7 teams since promotion. Fonseca Roma have been the complete opposite in Serie A

16 minutes ago, useless said:

According to the Guardian the three favorites are Bruno Lage, Rui Faria, and Sérgio Conceição.

I think some journalist at The Guardian just googled Portuguese managers and picked them 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably will be one of those though, and that's pretty much what people are doing with Fonseca, not googling him, as he's well known enough not to need to do that., but suggesting him just because he's Portugese.

Also that Athletic article was written by TIm Spiers who's known for towing the Wolves line in the local press, so wouldn't read too much into that as it's probably been written with a view to putting Wolves in a more postive light, basically a PR piece.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Probably will be one of those though, and that's pretty much what people are doing with Fonseca, not googling him, as he's well known enough not to need to do that., but suggesting him just because he's Portugese.

Also that Athletic article was written by TIm Spiers who's known for towing the Wolves line in the local press, so wouldn't read too much into that as it's probably been written with a view to putting Wolves in a more postive light, basically a PR piece.

Which to me, is part of the problem of the Athletic model, you pick writers either too close to the club hierarchies or people like Gregg Evans who are more on periphery, as speculation becomes the tool to generate interest. Not new, interesting reporting.

Interesting that the article says that they still want to become a permanent member of the top six but now see it as more of a long term project. I think that probably gives us a clue as to the direction they will be going with their new manager.

Â