Jimzk5

If they've shown him the door it seems knee jerk to me, yes the footballs been poor this year but they've missed jimenez badly as well as the reality kicking in that the next step from 7th to 4th is absolutely **** huge, it's incredibly hard even to be a stable EL team 

If he's leaving for spurs...they better hope Uncle Jorge gifts them some players

As for wolves, they'll probably get an uncle Jorge special but maybe they have to, they get some middle of the road English guy in and what does Moutinho make of that? Off in to the sunset 

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Not too surprised at this one.  Will be intrigued to see what direction they go in now.

They'll go in a Westerly direction, towards the Iberian Peninsula I imagine.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

linked to Villa last summer, not sure if media just guessing as he is Portuguese

I suppose in their case it makes a little more sense

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Could be the start of a decline at Wolves now.

Nuno has been very good for them. Be interesting to see who they get in to replace him.  

They are already in decline they peaked last season. The whole buy all Mendes's players can only get you so far before that saturates.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Haha, I think you might be right!

How about Nuno to Spurs then?

Certainly seems to be the rumour although I’ve read some suggestion that won’t be the case (the Twitter ITKs are in their element at the moment).

Similarly I’ve also seen something that suggests a lack of funds was a factor. This account apparently has a reasonable track record, but I couldn’t vouch for it myself.

• Haha 2

Would be funny if Nuno left Wolves because the powers that be say he needs to let several good players go, then he himself goes to another club and signs those players :lol: 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Well I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s down to funds because you’d think he had a high standing in the club despite a difficult season and I’m sure he was proud of what he’d built to date there.

But the reality is that they didn’t really improve the squad in the summer, they just replaced people and not very well either. Jiminez obviously has been a massive miss and not necessarily something you can plan for but you can ensure that you’re not relying on an untried kid as your only real backup.

Feel bad (not) for the Wolves fans, had it all at their feet and then reality is the owners want to do a Mike Ashley and simply exist in the highly lucrative league. 

Edited by Jareth

I was expecting them to have a better season next year than the one they’ve just had. Not 7th place again, just better than 12th.

With the news today it feels even more up in the air now. Obviously remains to be seen who comes in and the level of investment but now I’d be more inclined to think they’ll finish around 12th again and that might be ok for the owners and new boss. Not sure the supporters would take too kindly to that.

Â