Jimzk5

4 hours ago, Andy81 said:

We didn't mate, we only got to 99.  Thankfully we only needed 91 to win the league.

Irony and the internet don't really work do they.

Congratulations on winning the Championship and hope we can renew rivalries next season

15 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Irony and the internet don't really work do they.

Congratulations on winning the Championship and hope we can renew rivalries next season

I was only messing, I knew it was irony :) 

I was playing on the 'best ever championship team' thing.  It's a silly thing to talk about really as teams over ten years can't really be compared. 

I think your draw is a really interesting one to be honest.  I'm genuinely looking forward to the play offs this year, you can make a solid case for any of the four teams winning it.

How did you get on against Boro in the league this year?

21 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I was only messing, I knew it was irony :) 

I was playing on the 'best ever championship team' thing.  It's a silly thing to talk about really as teams over ten years can't really be compared. 

I think your draw is a really interesting one to be honest.  I'm genuinely looking forward to the play offs this year, you can make a solid case for any of the four teams winning it.

How did you get on against Boro in the league this year?

Won 1-0 up there and drew 0-0 at home. 

1 hour ago, John said:

Won 1-0 up there and drew 0-0 at home. 

That'll do!

Would be bloody nerve wracking though!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I assume was a clause they had to buy him if go up

yeah thats what i thought too, was talking about it in the office with the wolves lot who didnt know much about it other than commenting that they brought him in to push them over the line, promotion was close even in jan so that kind of clause if they didnt want him long term was a bit daft

they were also suggesting butland was their transfer target but they were going to see what liverpool did and drag it out to get a better price, even suggesting they do a couple of dodgy dealings to make sure that blues dont pocket the full 20% if he goes for £30m 

Edited by villa4europe

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Made a really good signing today, Portugal number one Rui Patricio on a free transfer.

Mad what's happening at Sporting lisbon, about 8 of their regulars have asked for their contracts to be rescinded.

But they have a man on the inside of information at all the leading latin clubs.

many clubs, whilst not in financial trouble are sailing very close to the wind.....so he is well placed to capitalise.

even free transfers now are taking a slightly different shape with wages being what they are.....some clubs just want rid of the wages.

its off the pitch where the games is changing the most, imo.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Wolves do well it won't take long for PL clubs to complain about the business model, fingers crossed it all goes to pot for them. 

If it doesn't make our situation better.....why?

Quite frankly, what other clubs do, is their business.....personally, I'm only interested in Aston Villa.

two wrongs, never make a right.

• Like 2

On 18/06/2018 at 18:25, VillaChris said:

Made a really good signing today, Portugal number one Rui Patricio on a free transfer.

Mad what's happening at Sporting lisbon, about 8 of their regulars have asked for their contracts to be rescinded.

There must be rakes of clubs in situations of financial unrest.....I guess, being ITK is a useful advantage.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

There must be rakes of clubs in situations of financial unrest.....I guess, being ITK is a useful advantage.

This one is more about their fans attacking their training ground and beating the crap out of their players I reckon.

Edit:

Seven Sporting Lisbon players have terminated their own contracts in response to an attack by fans, the Portuguese Players' Union has said.

Four members of Portugal's World Cup squad - Rui Patricio, William Carvalho, Gelson Martins, and Bruno Fernandes - have joined Ruben Ribeiro, Bas Dost and Daniel Podence in leaving.

The players wrote to the club, citing "just cause".

It comes after a group of 50 fans attacked players and staff in May.

The union added that a court will have to establish the existence of just cause, which means the players would have had a legally sufficient reason for their actions.

The attack, in which Dutch forward Dost suffered a head injury, happened at Sporting's training base, after they missed out on a Champions League place on the final day of the league season and five days before they lost the Portuguese Cup final.

In April, president Bruno de Carvalho claimed to have suspended 19 first-team players after a Europa League defeat by Atletico Madrid, although he deleted the post on social media and most of the players featured in their next game.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44489158

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Wolves do well it won't take long for PL clubs to complain about the business model, fingers crossed it all goes to pot for them. 

Fingers crossed they get top four. Only then will the football powers do something about the cancer that is football agents. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

OMG.....does anything ever amaze you?....what is this world coming too.

That one is pretty shocking.

What a bunch of morons.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â