Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Really don't like the cold do they!

Looks like the vitamin d withdrawals have kicked in and levels will fall to where people get affected with the short days. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Kingman

10 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Afternoon chaps. 

Just at Birmingham New Street on my way back to London so thought I’d pop in as I was thinking of you :) 

as I said earlier in the week, I expected a tough game and it’s what we got. Forest completely deserved their win, they packed the box, defended well and took their chances when they arrived. 

Their chances were limited however and their first goal had a huge slice of luck attached to it, I really don’t think it was a corner and when the shot came in it took at least two deflections before trickling into the net. 

Second goal looked a good finish however. 

As for Wolves, the whole league will now be wondering how long this poor run will continue. We really look short of goals at the moment, thankfully our defence generally means we only need one goal to win a game, but it is a concern. 

As someone said on here, out next two games look tricky, I really could see any combination of results as being likely. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Derby and Villa move closer to us over the next two weeks. 

Villa would need to win four more games than us however to catch us, and that’s certainly possible with one of those games being against Wolves at Villa Park, but still a decent cushion for us at the moment.

I expect the sharpness to return at some point in the next month and while I’m in no way taking it for granted I expect we’ll win promotion. 

I see a number of people referring to the season we were caught by Albion, and while it could happen again, we have a completely new set of coaches, players, and owners, so I don’t think it has any bearing on us now. 

Finally a word on the Forest fans. They were awful. Not a peep from them until the 89th minute. South Bank was much better yesterday. Sang all game. 

All the best chaps and well done on your victory. 

Cheers and actually I hope you go* up for many reasons.

One big reason is to see how the relationship with Mendes plays out - it's  interesting experiment into how to run a club in modern day football.

*In 2nd place ;-)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Finally a word on the Forest fans. They were awful. Not a peep from them until the 89th minute. South Bank was much better yesterday. Sang all game. 

All the best chaps and well done on your victory. 

I've gotta say that with the way you spread away fans across the bottom of the Steve Bull, it's extremely difficult to get an atmosphere going.

Pretty good tactic if you can do it.

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've gotta say that with the way you spread away fans across the bottom of the Steve Bull, it's extremely difficult to get an atmosphere going.

Pretty good tactic if you can do it.

I've heard that said, and I'm sure there is something to it, but plenty of fans manage it, and Forest did make a lot of noise when they wanted 89 minutes plus.

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Cheers and actually I hope you go* up for many reasons.

One big reason is to see how the relationship with Mendes plays out - it's  interesting experiment into how to run a club in modern day football.

*In 2nd place ;-)

Cheers!  Yeah it will be interesting if it happens.  At the moment, everyone connected is benefiting

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Villa and Wolves up.  Albion and Blues down and all will be right in the world.

I don't know why, but I really don't like Wolves.  They have a horrible section of fans (present company of Andy81 excluded, seemingly ;)) and often clash with Blues.

Maybe that's why people have a soft spot for them but, nah, they can stay in this division thanks.

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know why, but I really don't like Wolves.  They have a horrible section of fans (present company of Andy81 excluded, seemingly ;)) and often clash with Blues.

Maybe that's why people have a soft spot for them but, nah, they can stay in this division thanks.

We certainly don't like Blues for sure.

I think the fact that the weather in Small Heath always seems to be a rain of house bricks has something to do with it.

We do have some horrible fans apparently, I accept that, I've never personally seen it, but heard plenty.  I imagine being on the wrong side of that would colour someone's opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Blues and Albion lick each others bottoms and they both hate Villa & Wolves which creates a bit of an us v them thing.

When Birmingham and WBA played each other and collectively sang SOTV it was one of the funniest and and saddest things I’ve ever seen :crylaugh: 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Blues and Albion lick each others bottoms and they both hate Villa & Wolves which creates a bit of an us v them thing.

I always think the same.

On a slightly related note Oldham are about to get new owners or at least investors.

One of them is player agent Abdallah Lemsagam (the one who brought Afonso Alves to Middlesbrough :)) who is in turn part of Pini Zahivi's circle.

Zahivi has been involved in deals for among other Tevez and Macherano... And has been involved with Chelsea and Portsmouth.

So it appears Oldham are trying to do a Wolves light, but with much shadier people.

Wolves have a rep, but we've never had too much bother there for some reason. Wolves hate going to the sty, and blues fans complain about wolves fans returning the favour at molinuex. It would be great if we both could go up. It's definitely on the cards. 

14 hours ago, sne said:

On a slightly related note Oldham are about to get new owners or at least investors.

One of them is player agent Abdallah Lemsagam (the one who brought Afonso Alves to Middlesbrough :)) who is in turn part of Pini Zahivi's circle.

Zahivi has been involved in deals for among other Tevez and Macherano... And has been involved with Chelsea and Portsmouth.

So it appears Oldham are trying to do a Wolves light, but with much shadier people.

I am sure Zahivi is a redknapp agent

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wolves have a rep, but we've never had too much bother there for some reason. Wolves hate going to the sty, and blues fans complain about wolves fans returning the favour at molinuex. It would be great if we both could go up. It's definitely on the cards. 

If us and wolves went up and West Brom and blose went down man what a climax to the season that would be 

• Like 1

Â