Jimzk5

bastards

Wolves manager's car 'daubed' with paint overnight

A car belonging to Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken has been vandalised outside his apartment, according to the club's website.

A statement on the club's website said that "a can of paint was daubed over the car" overnight and that police have visited the scene.

Mr Solbakken said he decided to make the news public as people had seen it and he did not want "rumours to start."

He said he called the police to investigate to protect his family.

Mr Solbakken said: "I fully accept that there will be questions asked by fans after our recent run, but this is about protecting my family and that is why we have called the police in to investigate."

He said that he has "nothing but praise" for the support he has received since being at the club and is "committed" to bringing them success.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ingham-20540393

yeah we had a twitter campaign, an add in the mail and a few protests at the the grounds against mcleish, most of which come about when it was obvious he wasnt up to the job, but 19 matches into the job to vandalise the blokes car, i know it will only be minority of wolves fans but still, no need.

edit - txt size changed cus ray charles has better eyesight than avfc1991.

• Like 1

My wolves mate is very disillusioned with the football... He says that they would start games well and really go out and attack, but as soon as they got a goal you could see ss directing the players to sit back and not push on. Inevitabley te opposition would score and momentum would switch in there favour...

He also says that ss doesn't get the players to play to their strengths.. They have brought pennant in loan, and everyone knows his strengths are go on the outside if a player and whip a cross in... Ss gets him to cut inside, losing all his effectiveness

He did add that ss has been a bit unlucky that some of his summer signings have picked up long term injuries

If your mate is disillusioned now you may have to nip round and confiscate his shoe laces after he see's this!

http://www1.skysport...Stale-Solbakken

Alex McLeish is a possible candidate to replace Wolves boss Stale Solbakken

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: November 30, 2012 3:59pm

Sky Sports understands Alex McLeish has emerged as a possible candidate to replace under-pressure Wolves boss Stale Solbakken.

Solbakken's future at Wolves has been the subject of conjecture after a poor run of form at Molineux.

Wolves have claimed just three points from their past nine games, leaving them languishing 18th in the Championship.

Solbakken, who took over at Wolves in the summer, has also been targeted by angry fans with the Norwegian finding his car vandalised earlier this week and there have been rumours of dressing room unrest among some of the players.

McLeish has been out of work since leaving Aston Villa in the summer and the Scot is thought to be keen on returning to club management after ruling himself out of the running for the vacant Scotland job.

McLeish has winning promotion from the Championship on his CV after guiding Birmingham to the Premier League in the 2008/09 season and he also won the League Cup with Blues in 2011.

The 53-year-old has also enjoyed successful spells with Rangers and Scotland and he is thought to figure highly on Wolves' wanted list if they run out of patience with Solbakken.

Wonder if it was wolves that floated the story themselves to get the fans to rally round Stale?

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

• 4 months later...

loads of talk in my office about the players attitudes, roger johnson for example is apparantly fined every week for turning up to training late every day...

talk of the new sponsors trying to do some marketing thing with them and a girl going to the training ground and seeing the fines board, she then tried to get players to pose with the a mocked up shirt and them all refusing, hunt for example saying "**** that i wont be here next year so whats the point"

Wasn't it Mark McGhee who remarked about Wolves players being "in the comfort zone" and more concerned about their cars than the club?

Seems like times haven't changed much at Moulinex.

Should have sticked with Solbakken and allowed him to replace the entire squad over time (years)

Agreed.. Not sure how good a coach/manager he is but couldn't be any worse.. Think he suffered from trying to completely change the style straight away.. Also some of the players he signed (margeretier, boukari) were injured for the majority of the season

Edited by mikeyp102

I feel a bit sorry for Wolves but..... I wonder which of their players we could get on the cheap :)

The only player worth anything there is bakary sako but his a lot like nzogbia, doumbia is handy too.

Roger johnson and o'hara have now been relegated in 3 successive seasons

Its unbelievable what has happened to them. We are talking about a seriously big club here second only to us in terms of size in the West Midlands. Twice the club Sha are and a bigger draw than the baggies.

I really feel for their fans. Many of them went through something very similar back in the 80's. They should be watching a Prem club but will most likely be watching League One footie next season. Unbelievable.

Morgan is an idiot who hasn't got a clue and what he has done with them, after paying just a pound for them, is a disgrace.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Â