Jimzk5

I saw this on the BBC website and thought what an amazing achievement it would be for Wolves if they could win - 

spacer.png

Made me wonder how many Villa have managed, closest I could find was a page from 2019 saying we  were fifth best having won 1643 games and the best being Liverpool who at the time were on 1936 wins. (https://thefootballfaithful.com/premier-league-teams-most-wins-all-time/) Theres no mention of Wolves in the top five.

13 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I saw this on the BBC website and thought what an amazing achievement it would be for Wolves if they could win - 

spacer.png

Made me wonder how many Villa have managed, closest I could find was a page from 2019 saying we  were fifth best having won 1643 games and the best being Liverpool who at the time were on 1936 wins. (https://thefootballfaithful.com/premier-league-teams-most-wins-all-time/) Theres no mention of Wolves in the top five.

Great achievement but probably more lowerleague victories tham yop flight. Like comparing Steve Bull to Thierry Henry 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They made a good fist of it in the second half today but bloody hell Man City were brilliant in that first half.  Can we not play our game in hand please?

Yeah City were scary first half.  We probably should have scored more than one really, but we couldn't live with them.

Adama was bloody awful too defensively.  Constantly putting us under pressure.

Still a decent start, and don't worry, I'm minding that gap ;) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Yeah City were scary first half.  We probably should have scored more than one really, but we couldn't live with them.

I was surprised to see him playing in defence. Does he do that often? It seems like a waste of his talents.

26 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I was surprised to see him playing in defence. Does he do that often? It seems like a waste of his talents.

We basically have no right wing backs at the moment.  He's done it before but not really to much success.

Nelson Semedo should be announced today so he'll take that spot.

Having seen a bit of them last night, I see Wolves being somewhere between 7th and 9th this season. Arsenal clearly stronger than last year as are Everton. Think most likely them and Leicester battling it out for 8th. Be interesting to see how that goes down with the owners and fan base, whether its acceptable due to the size of clubs above them or perceived as a lack of progress if they don't improve on last season.

6 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Having seen a bit of them last night, I see Wolves being somewhere between 7th and 9th this season. Arsenal clearly stronger than last year as are Everton. Think most likely them and Leicester battling it out for 8th. Be interesting to see how that goes down with the owners and fan base, whether its acceptable due to the size of clubs above them or perceived as a lack of progress if they don't improve on last season.

I don't think their owners care about progression its more about cleverly milking money through transfers. I would imagine Nuno has the safest job in the Premier league. 

• Like 1

Their XI really is quality, although obviously a RWB needed at the moment.

Really don't know how they got away with and will continue to get away with such a threadbare squad though. You know if it was us with their team we'd have Jimenez ruled out for the season closely followed by Boly within a month or 2 of it starting.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andy81 said:

You’ll finish above us tbf. I felt Wolves looked fairly decent. Man City were just on fire.

• Like 1

The being bothered by that ship sailed twenty years ago.  It's odd that so many of one side could be from one country (and there are plenty of Spanish first language players in the squad too) but welcome to 21st century football. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I don't think their owners care about progression its more about cleverly milking money through transfers. I would imagine Nuno has the safest job in the Premier league. 

This is unlikely to be their motivation, the money Fosun make from other investments makes Wolves as a business a drop in the ocean.

5 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

None of our centre backs are from Portugal, so we'd need at least three.

You have Roderick, so would only need one more Portuguese CB to fit a traditional back four. I imagine the point wasn't that Wolves could field 11 Portuguese players in their current system, just that they could field something like a 4-5-1 with only Portuguese players if they signed another CB.

4 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

This is unlikely to be their motivation, the money Fosun make from other investments makes Wolves as a business a drop in the ocean.

Don't kid yourself. Any business is a good business if it makes money Irregardless of Fosun's own wealth. 

Â