Jimzk5

Looking through their side, tough to see where they can improve the first XI.

The obvious one is Coady. If he defended as well as Wolves fans defend him he'd be OK.

• Like 1

If their aim is to challenge  for top four next season then they probably need to improve their side quite a bit, this season is the best opportunty they'll get of gettng champions league football, doubt the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, and Spurs will be as weak next season, all of them are on much less points than they'd normally have at this stage, which is why Wolves and Sheffield United have been in with a chance of top four.

If they want to consilidate their positon as one of the 'best of the rest' teams then they probably only need one or two signings, but presuming that the usual big clubs aren's as bad next season then if they want to seriously challenge then they probably need improving in the wing-back positions, central midfield, and probably up front as well, if Jimemez was to get injured they haven't got much in the way of back up.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They remind me of us under MON.

They are quite good but ultimately not enough quality to make the top 4

Just said the same thing to my dad.

Phenomenal counter-attacking side, much like we were, but sides will figure them out and they'll lose some players in the summer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They remind me of us under MON.

They are quite good but ultimately not enough quality to make the top 4

They're ripe for the picking apart too

Nuno is a good manager, I'll be amazed if he's there in 2 years time 

Maybe one of the underrated aspects of mendes influence - the papers are never full of bullshit stories linking their / his players to all and sundry which happen to be leaked by their agent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're ripe for the picking apart too

Nuno is a good manager, I'll be amazed if he's there in 2 years time 

Maybe one of the underrated aspects of mendes influence - the papers are never full of bullshit stories linking their / his players to all and sundry which happen to be leaked by their agent 

He is a very defensive minded coach though. Won't be everyone's cup of tea 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is a very defensive minded coach though. Won't be everyone's cup of tea 

Yeah agree, the very top teams might not want to surrender possession they way that they can but the way he has them drilled is very impressive

The "post" stuff is the interesting stuff about wolves, post Nuno, post nerves, post jimenez

With the specs on we were a better team, this year is currently poorer though than the CL chasing pack we were in with, we went to absolute shit when we fell short, the test is what they do if they do the same 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah agree, the very top teams might not want to surrender possession they way that they can but the way he has them drilled is very impressive

The "post" stuff is the interesting stuff about wolves, post Nuno, post nerves, post jimenez

With the specs on we were a better team, this year is currently poorer though than the CL chasing pack we were in with, we went to absolute shit when we fell short, the test is what they do if they do the same 

The advantages they have is they seemingly have better ownership and the Mendes connections than we have. The league was much harder then though, in my opinion. If the team we had then was playing now we'd be probably in Leicester's spot

• Like 1

Also have 2 chances at Champions League one from League position the other from winning the Europa League.

Wolves do not bother me never have. Good luck to them.

On 04/07/2020 at 19:41, Tomaszk said:

Looking through their side, tough to see where they can improve the first XI.

The obvious one is Coady. If he defended as well as Wolves fans defend him he'd be OK.

I think Coady's main asset are his cross field balls from deep.  Any defensive frailties are masked by him playing in back 3 and that Boly is an absolute rock.

Seems a few of their fans turned against Nuno following the Arsenal defeat after proclaiming themselves world beaters after beating three of the worst teams in the league.

Their fan base has very quickly become everything they accuse ours of being.

On 06/07/2020 at 11:27, Wainy316 said:

Seems a few of their fans turned against Nuno following the Arsenal defeat after proclaiming themselves world beaters after beating three of the worst teams in the league.

Their fan base has very quickly become everything they accuse ours of being.

Seems like an exaggeration, I haven't seen any of this.  Do you have some links?

There has been some fair criticism, we were terrible, and Nuno made a mistake trying to play Adama through the middle.  That's not turning on him.

1 minute ago, Andy81 said:

Seems like an exaggeration, I haven't seen any of this.  Do you have some links?

There has been some fair criticism, we were terrible, and Nuno made a mistake trying to play Adama through the middle.  That's not turning on him.

Probably the idiotic social media warriors that all clubs have. Saw some Sheffield United fans having a go at Wilder saying it wasnt good enough a few weeks back🙄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably the idiotic social media warriors that all clubs have. Saw some Sheffield United fans having a go at Wilder saying it wasnt good enough a few weeks back🙄

I thought the same.  Probably right.

Hi all - Was just browsing here during my break at work - I checked some of your threads during the Villa v Wolves match but didn't post as felt the last thing you needed was to talk to a Wolves fan! I have actually completely given up reading the Wolves sites now since lockdown, This is the best season in my life time and having any sort of exposure to the negative Wolves fans just lessens that.

Arsenal did a really good job of pressing Wolves and not allowing the possession to be built from the back. Wolves had a good spell 2nd half but then Arsenal readjusted. I actually thought Villa did an okay job of that against Wolves up to the first drinks break, but then lost their way when Wolves pushed the Wingbacks wider. The new breaks/Qtrs thing is quite interesting to me in that you are seeing that a lot. 

In regards to the comment above about Coady, I actually think he is Wolves most vital player, purely for what he offers as the cover man and ball player, I have explained it to others that ask that he isn't a CB or a Sweeper, he is more like a much less talented version of what De Rossi used to do for Italy when they played him in the back 3. He is there to control and move the play, both Boly and Saiss try it but neither hit the wingbacks the way Coady does.

Still loads to do, agree Nuno is the most important piece. This is our early stage of Southampton when they had that okay run, they replaced the first manager but lost their way eventually. 

4 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Yep mostly reactionary social media, brought to my attention by my Dad (Wolves fan), so I had a little browse.

Just saying, the amount your lot love to hammer our fans they should probably look a little closer to home first.

Â