Jimzk5

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I don't see a lot of problem with Wolves....very good side.

You have now arrived at a place where consolidation is the key and just adding one or two every season , so as not to disrupt, but just improve gradually.

Don't despair....Watford are a more resilient side than folk give them credit for and in Troy Deeney they have a modern day Andy Gray ( full of heart)

You have much to be pleased about.

Watford are a very good team, I was very impressed with them in the home league game and yesterday.  I was supposed to be going to the away game but I'll be abroad now which I'm secretly happy about as I think it'll be a third loss.  I expect them to finish above us now.

You're bang on about consolidation and gradual improvement.  We've seen what happens when teams try to bring in too many, Everton last season, Fulham this year.  I think we were lucky in that the squad that got us promoted was good enough to not need too many players added.

I'm very happy, just a little raw at the minute.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

I was only teasing, not offended....and yes, you can only fill the ground.

You have to remember, not all fans have a unified opinion.....us villa fans argue between ourselves at times, (as you will have noticed), i guess it's pretty much the same at all clubs.

I was in the Pub yesterday, with mainly Blue noses and they was all banging the Drum for Deeney who is also a Blue Nose ( He despises Villa, so that's a strange one from Villa Fans)born in Chelmsley Wood.

Absolutely, all good fun.

Yeah, I'm no fan of his, and also Foster who takes a dig at Wolves any chance he gets.

29 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Can’t knock the season you’ve had for sure and you’ve played some good football, which isn’t surprising.  Hopefully, we’ll be joining you soon and have two good local teams in the top half of the Premier League. 

One observation from yesterday was our previous winger (Adama) doesn’t seem to have learnt anything!  He can beat 2/3 players with ease, but his final decision, pass or cross is just awful. Very infuriating to watch. 

Yes, your run has been unreal, and the results at the weekend all went your way I think?  I have to admit, I was something of a Grealish sceptic, but your form since he's been back has been just fantastic.  You looked out of it before his return.

I agree about Adama I'm afraid.  I really want it to work for him, and some games are better than others, but after seeing him put about three crosses straight out of play yesterday I lost my rag with him.

I actually think it would have been a good move bringing him on at 2-1 to keep them back a bit, but when you actually need a goal, he's not gonna be the one to help.

Edited by Andy81
  • Like 2

Now I wanted Wolves to win but I still came up with this..

Nuno had a dream, he couldn't hold a two goal lead

Even with Chinese owners and a wonderkid from Porto

Put six at the back and play counter attack

But we're Wolverhampton and we're on our way back

Du du du du

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I can only assume you've not heard the only song Wolves have been singing for 2 seasons

That's not the only song we sing apparently ;)

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6901995/Wolves-fan-sparks-brawl-Watford-supporters-Hornets-win-FA-Cup-semi-final.html

A Wolves fan sparked a brawl with Watford supporters at the Hornets' 3-2 victory in the FA Cup semi-final.

Wolves were 2-0 up with around 10 minutes left to play but goals from Gerard Deulofeu and Troy Deeney forced extra-time. Deulofeu then won it for Watford.

And there were some ugly scenes at Wembley Stadium on Sunday afternoon. 

A Wolves supporter confronted a Watford fan and pushed him as supporters appeared to leave the stadium.

He then hit out at other nearby Watford supporters before a Hornets fan in a club away shirt launched punches back.

The Wolves fan fell to the ground and more supporters joined in by kicking him.  

The Wolves supporter returned to his feet and the fight continued before enough people managed to break it up.

Sportsmail has contacted both Wolves and Watford for comment.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson told The Sun that five people were arrested at the FA Cup tie but could not confirm if any were related to the incident.

Edited by Villan4Life

Surprised it's being reported, seen trouble every time I've been to Wembley, especially at the station following losing cup finals, the infrastructure pretty much ensures opposition fans walk towards each other

If we played baggies in the playoffs final there it will be carnage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised it's being reported, seen trouble every time I've been to Wembley, especially at the station following losing cup finals, the infrastructure pretty much ensures opposition fans walk towards each other

Walking down Wembley way, my friend was saying there's just no way they could let fans mix like this if we'd have played the Albion, it'd be a warzone!  I imagine Villa v Albion would be the same.  Do they tend to do anything differently for derbies? 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Unluckily as we will play them in play offs

After that absolute hum-dinger of a chant up the page, I've been trying to come up with something equally as witty and cutting all day.

Frankly, I've got nothing, apart from two words that rhyme.  Maybe if we share ideas we could come up with something as legendary as "there's only one (insert name here)!"

Anyway, my words are Vape and Rape.

Couldn't think of anything else.

Steve Bull

Don Goodman

• Haha 1

So I haven’t been through 84 pages and this has probably been covered, but if anyone can be bothered I’d be grateful for an explanation as to what actually happened at wolves and how it wasn’t dodgy??

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

So I haven’t been through 84 pages and this has probably been covered, but if anyone can be bothered I’d be grateful for an explanation as to what actually happened at wolves and how it wasn’t dodgy??

Just wasn't, don't worry about it.

the agent fees figures released last week suggest that they are benefitting from a saving there but other than that nothing has been found

nothing on clauses in player contracts or promises of stepping stones either, doubt we'll know until someone comes in for neves

Â