Sign in to follow this  
mykeyb

Smart Watches

When you say lack of apps, what is missing?

As an androidwear user there is nothing worse than getting notifications from stuff on your phone you dont care about.

As long as it does the core stuff well I would take that as a good thing.

• Like 1

I'm still using my Withings Activite and think it's absolutely excellent. Noticed they have a newer watch which includes a heart rate monitor, and the battery will last for 25 days.

Could be upgrading soon as it can more accurately calculate calories burned with a heart rate monitor, but I love the fact that the Activite watch doesn't look like a Smart Watch.  

• Like 1

Are these still a thing?

As with most things technology-wise I'm always about 2 years behind the masses.

I saw this today and thought it looked alright: Fossil Hybrid.

Is it any good? Should I be looking at something else?

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Are these still a thing?

As with most things technology-wise I'm always about 2 years behind the masses.

I saw this today and thought it looked alright: Fossil Hybrid.

Is it any good? Should I be looking at something else?

Your link is missing :)

I'm still wearing my Pebble and waiting for my ZeTime next month.

Tempted by the Fossil Q Explorist too and would like to know any views on previous iterations of the Fossil Q if anyone has one (or has used one).

I have asked for either the Fossil Q Explorist or Gear S3 Classic from the other half for Christmas. Hoping the Gear S4 may be released prior to Christmas but there has been no news on it yet. Hopefully hear something at the end of August or early September. If not then it will be between the Q Eplorist or Gear S3 Classic.

Anyone got any favourites?

I am a pretty big Garmin fan boy. My 735 xt just broke and bought a replacement this weekend. Really wanted to wait for the 745 model, but it might not come out this year. Was looking at the 945, but it was just too big for my wrists. Ended up with 245. The new sensors are a lot more accurate than the old ones by 20-30 % on the HRM. 

The Spotify application works surprisingly well. Kinda handy leaving my phone at home when jogging. 

Gonna try the mapping tool this week when I go into the Forest for some trail jog.  

Anyone using Garmin or have other smart watches they use (especially for sports) that they are satisfied with? 

Must say I am a bit of a watch geek. I find it funny I have used tens of thousands of pounds on watches and it's ultimately a cheap'ish smart watch I end up using the most. 

Sorry just realized this should probably be in the tech section.  Feel free to move it. 😊

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Sign in to follow this  

Â