Smart Watches

mykeyb

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually got my hands on a Metawatch and in all honesty its all a bit meh.

It can do lots of things and being open source its got the ability to be tweaked but the huge let down is the screen. The one I got used a Mirri display which is exactly how it sounds. The background of the watch is a silvery grey so unless you get it at the right angle its impossible to read.

I like the look of the Kreyos Meteor apart from the fact that it doesnt use a proper strap so you are stuck with using the one it ships with.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, still using the pebble. The battery is only lasts 2-3 days now though :(

Would you recommend the Pebble as some of the options I am looking at like the Meteor have had the shipping date moved massively back and want a smartwatch to try out while waiting to see if the Google Gem really does exist and if its any good.

The pebble is good. I've no idea what price it is selling at now to know if I'd recommend it. I suspect the omate is going to blow it out of water and then you can buy mine :)

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a Pebble of ebay for just under £90.00, so far so good however for some reason I imagined the screen would be slightly bigger but thats not a huge issue.

Also bought a couple of skins to protect it and the first one has last just under 12 hours before I ripped it off.

Not yet upgraded to version 2.00 as yet but will have a  go at the weekend.

Bought a Pebble of ebay for just under £90.00, so far so good however for some reason I imagined the screen would be slightly bigger but thats not a huge issue.

Also bought a couple of skins to protect it and the first one has last just under 12 hours before I ripped it off.

I've been wearing one everyday since the kickstarter ended and there isn't a mark on it. I never considered getting a protector.

When the smart watches have James Bond-esque lasers, they totally have my buy-in.

Plus that rotating bezel to cut through ropes.  And a magnet capable of deflecting a bullet.  If they could manage it in the 70s, why can't they now?  Eh?  EH?

• Like 2

From what is known, can I use the Gear Fit on it's own with bluetooth headphones while in the Gym or do I need my phone (Note 3 / GS5 or whatever)  there with it?

Essentially is it useless without the bluetooth connection to the phone, and therefor a completely useless product?

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on Google/Android Wear? Limited info but it looks promising. Have a feeling reality will not meet the hype of the concept revealed today but still looks promising. Moto 360 looks very nice.

Â