• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Vlaar 51)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 63)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 90)

The atmosphere was good and, as I wrote, helped my perception of the game; the same as your enviroment didn't. I marked the game in the context of what I was watching - a struggling Villa team more than matching a team that is consistently good enough for the later stages of the CL year after year. What's clear is that it's a better experience to watch us at Villa Park than on TV in the company of so-called 'neutral' pundits and background interference from mother.

I think I can see your point - and I cant really argue against anything you say here as I actually agree with it.

I echo the comfort of watching us easily match arsenal and Its great to see young lads running their socks off. However, as a footballing spectacle it really was dire. There was no sustained period of 'were going to score here' or 'were really under the cosh here'. It was just two teams lacking in ideas and quality.

Taking everything into account, I don't see how it is possible to rate that game a 7/10

Enjoy it more than I did? - Yeah I can believe that, but a 7 or 8/10? Definately not. There just wasn't enough action.

Westwood looking the real deal and am loving the amount of effort everyone is putting in.......theres belief again.

But I can't help feeling Benteke is proving the steal of the transfers. Yes, he had one of his poorer days (in some peoples opinion), but its startlingly obvious how much he unsettles opposition defences. This was Arsenal ffs and now he's found his feet, I can't wait to see how the lesser well-organised teams deal with him.

Poor conditions, but it was the same for both teams. Hard earned and well deserved point......the future is brighter.

Didn't see the game, but pleased with a draw. To keep a clean sheet against Arsenal is always good. Saw the highlights from the game and that shot from Holman deserved to go in.

Worried about Vlaar.

Westwood looking the real deal and am loving the amount of effort everyone is putting in.......theres belief again.

But I can't help feeling Benteke is proving the steal of the transfers. Yes, he had one of his poorer days (in some peoples opinion), but its startlingly obvious how much he unsettles opposition defences. This was Arsenal ffs and now he's found his feet, I can't wait to see how the lesser well-organised teams deal with him.

Poor conditions, but it was the same for both teams. Hard earned and well deserved point......the future is brighter.

He looks head and shoulders above everybody else.

Benteke spent the 90 minutes equally between being a carthorse and a World beater, it seems any given ball up to him can be gathered in or bounce off him, regardless of difficulty. He is equally likely to chest it down, flick it over a defender and back heel it into midfield as he is to stand there and awkwardly allow the ball to skew off his knee to a defender. He was definitely better in the second half when Gabby and Weimann were getting closer to him though in fairness.

Have to say that I don't recall seeing a single ball fired within a 10 metre radius of Tekkers that didn't stick to him. This guy is pure class and only going to get better.

Not a great game but a much needed point and positives to take into the next few games.

We need to work on set-pieces better, We had several free kicks in good positions which we fail to even test their keeper with and as usual the corners were pants.

KAE was pants, was glad he was taken off. He offered nothing, when we are in possession he needed to show for the ball more, but he seemed to just stroll around and was second to everything. Holman replaced him and changed the game, he added that hustle we needed.

Very impressed with Westwood, looks to be getting better by the games.

Need a bit of continuity in squad selection for the next few games if we are to pick up maximum points.

Looking forward to tomorrows game now. :flag:

Â