• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Vlaar 51)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 63)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 90)

Good scrapping performance today - more like what I was expecting Lambert to be able to deliver for us. Good to see the defence better organised and more bite in midfield. Oh dear, we still desperately need someone who can score, however!

On now to the BIG 6-pointer against Reading!

Just got back from the ground, very pleasing performance on the whole.

Just one thing though, I can't understand the praise for Bannan, i think i counted 3 occasions where he wimped out of making a tackle-thought it was a joke when he got MOTM in the ground :-/

One in the eye for all the boo boys on here

PS apologies due to Bannan - I thought he was too lightweight to make it in the prem. I think that I was premature in my judgement - he was really excellent today

Personally I NEVER listened to all those boo boys going on about Bannan being too lightweight. ;)

Solid performance and a game in which for large spells we were the better side. We created some good chances and stroked the ball around quickly and confidently. I was also happy to see we have learnt from the past few games and didn't go full on 100mph for the whole of the first half leaving something in the tank for the 2nd. Both teams rode their luck and a draw was fair but if we had happened to have nicked it it certainly wouldn't have been a smash and grab effort.

A good point, a clean sheet and plenty of positives to take into the next few games.

UTV

Just home from a sodden Villa Park

Delighted with the point and you cannot fault the effort levels, thought they all played well including KEA who had his best game in a villa shirt. My MOM goes to Stevens who played out of his skin.

Can't believe the disrespect the arse fans showed to Wenger .

Personally I NEVER listened to all those boo boys going on about Bannan being too lightweight. ;)

Clever - At least I owned up, I didnt think he'd be strong enough but glad he is proving me wrong.

Be interesting to see how many of you do the same about Lambert when we are well up the table

Westwood was brilliant today. My MOTM closely followed by Clark.

I think we dominated their midfield in the second half and were the better team for long periods until the last ten minutes.

Encouraging but the big game is on Tuesday.

Just home from a sodden Villa Park

Delighted with the point and you cannot fault the effort levels, thought they all played well including KEA who had his best game in a villa shirt. My MOM goes to Stevens who played out of his skin.

Can't believe the disrespect the arse fans showed to Wenger .

Troll status confirmed.

KEA's best performance in a villa shirt? He was our worst player by a country mile today in an otherwise really good performance. You honestly know very little about football. Its embarrassing quite frankly.

• Like 1

Good point, may well have won it.

Guzan - 9 - Dead solid, some good stops, confident

Lowton - 7 - Gave the ball away a few times but kept Podolski quiet, did a job at CB when called upon

Vlaar - 7 - Only got turned by Giroud once in the first half, a rock until he was forced off, hopefully he's back soon!

Clark - 8 - Superb, getting better every game

Stevens - 8 - Very, very good, seems to be relishing his chance in the first-team

Bannan - 6 - I've seen better performances from the little man, his set-pieces weren't great

Westwood - 9 - Looking like the future of our midfield along with (hopefully) Bannan, hardly put a foot wrong

El Ahmadi - 5 - Our worst player today and the worst I've ever seen him play, been out for a bit and looked off the pace today.

Weimann - 7 - Ran his socks off and always looks likely to score

Benteke - 7 - Not his best display, but still won the majority of aerial challenges and isn't scared to chest it down and get others involved

Gabby - 7 - Worked and worked, just didn't quite happen for him in the final third

Subs:

Lichaj - 7 - I was worried when Vlaar went off but Eric came in and helped the defensive unit keep Arsenal at bay

Holman - 7 - Looked a threat and as ever covered every blade of grass

Albrighton - N/A - Not enough time on the pitch

Started chanting " You don't know what you're doing", when he took Giroud off for Coqulin(sp)

Pretty outrageous really when you consider they smashed spurs 5-2 last week and qualified for the CL knock out stage

Work rate tonight was from every player was excellent. In terms of effort you could ask no more. We also at times played some nice stuff.

Stand out performer for me was Gabby who was everywhere and put a great shift in. Also fair play to the young lads at the back who all did well especially when Ron went off.

We continue to play with the same intensity we did tonight we will pick up at least a couple of wins in the next 3 games.

Â