• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Vlaar 51)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 63)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 90)

Just got back from the ground, very pleasing performance on the whole.

Just one thing though, I can't understand the praise for Bannan, i think i counted 3 occasions where he wimped out of making a tackle-thought it was a joke when he got MOTM in the ground :-/

I actually agree.

I actually don't rate Bannan in general. He's doing ok at the moment, but I don't think he's indispensable

Just home from a sodden Villa Park

Delighted with the point and you cannot fault the effort levels, thought they all played well including KEA who had his best game in a villa shirt. My MOM goes to Stevens who played out of his skin.

Can't believe the disrespect the arse fans showed to Wenger .

Have you just come out of The Bartons having been on the piss for the past 3 hours?

Good point, may well have won it.

Guzan - 9 - Dead solid, some good stops, confident

Lowton - 7 - Gave the ball away a few times but kept Podolski quiet, did a job at CB when called upon

Vlaar - 7 - Only got turned by Giroud once in the first half, a rock until he was forced off, hopefully he's back soon!

Clark - 8 - Superb, getting better every game

Stevens - 8 - Very, very good, seems to be relishing his chance in the first-team

Bannan - 6 - I've seen better performances from the little man, his set-pieces weren't great

Westwood - 9 - Looking like the future of our midfield along with (hopefully) Bannan, hardly put a foot wrong

El Ahmadi - 5 - Our worst player today and the worst I've ever seen him play, been out for a bit and looked off the pace today.

Weimann - 7 - Ran his socks off and always looks likely to score

Benteke - 7 - Not his best display, but still won the majority of aerial challenges and isn't scared to chest it down and get others involved

Gabby - 7 - Worked and worked, just didn't quite happen for him in the final third

Subs:

Lichaj - 7 - I was worried when Vlaar went off but Eric came in and helped the defensive unit keep Arsenal at bay

Holman - 7 - Looked a threat and as ever covered every blade of grass

Albrighton - N/A - Not enough time on the pitch

KEA was good until his yellow, he probably didn't want to risk getting second one so he was a bit too careful.

Just because we drew against a poor Arsenal side (who are always rubbish away from home after CL) doesn't mean we'll automatically beat Reading! Totally different match. I predicted a win today was slightly concerned at our lack of creativity but midfield looks a lot better these days with Bannan and Westwood. I still want Bent involved in this team though. I worry still because there is no question in my mind QPR will go on a winning run very shortly.

We largely outplay and draw with the mighty Arsenal and the match of the day dick splashes still say we are crap.........

Wenger has plenty of quality players to rotate if they are tired from playing in the champ's league, always has a million **** excuses when his team play their spineless gash brand of football and don't win, and MOTD pundits blindly backing him up!

We largely outplay and draw with the mighty Arsenal and the match of the day dick splashes still say we are crap.........

Wenger has plenty of quality players to rotate if they are tired from playing in the champ's league, always has a million **** excuses when his team play their spineless gash brand of football and don't win, and MOTD pundits blindly backing him up!

So nothing new under the sun, can't say I'm surprised.

On the lighter side - took my wife to her second match ever.

When we bought a sub on with minute to go, she said "how ridiculous to dirty that kit for just a minute - someones got to wash that"

Bless

don't you just love it.....when reality kicks in.

My Mum used to say " fancy getiing excited watching a bit of leather filled with air fly around a field"

nothing like wives & mums

went to the game to day, impressed with the way the young players are growing together.

a few missed placed passes need improving up on, but like the style and the passing game.

Thought Holman put the bit of fizz back in to us.

Think the tiredeness will improve when we get a bit of experince and learn to use the ball better, rather than wearing ourselves ou early doors.

These improvements will come, but its encouraging to see it happen.

I think we are on the right track again.

Just home from a sodden Villa Park

Delighted with the point and you cannot fault the effort levels, thought they all played well including KEA who had his best game in a villa shirt. My MOM goes to Stevens who played out of his skin.

Can't believe the disrespect the arse fans showed to Wenger .

Troll status confirmed.

KEA's best performance in a villa shirt? He was our worst player by a country mile today in an otherwise really good performance. You honestly know very little about football. Its embarrassing quite frankly.

To be fair to CI, those two statements - KEA's best performance for Villa/worst player on the pitch - are not at all incompatible.

I was more worried about CI's Mom going to Stevens - hope he can handle her.

• Like 1

Why do top teams always have to have a bad game, when we get a result against them.... Does Villa's pressing and workrate not count for anything. The tackling and challenges was a myth was it.

Arsenal were poor because thats all they were allowed to be.

too much, heads you lose tails you lose.... we must snap out of this mentality.

• Like 1

Â