• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Lichaj (for Vlaar 51)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 63)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 90)

Yeah the effort the lads put into that today was fantastic. I can't see us going down at all. Sunderland, Man UTD, 50mins against Citeh and Today we've looked like a very good team IMO. Lacking a bit of cutting edge but hopefully we'll find a creative bargain in January. Very happy with a point.

Gabby, Bannan and Westwood were fantastic.

Think Westwood was my MOTM!

We all would have accepted that result before the game.

Should have beaten Utd.

Hammered against City.

Held on against Arsenal.

The up and down season continues

Tuesday will be a big match for us. We'll stay up, but it will give us a lot of confidence if we win.

Very satisfied.

2 out of the last 3 performances have been easily good enough to see us stay up.

I think we can genuinely lay claim to being the better team today, and could have won it.

Defence did well, even after Vlaar went off, which worried me.

Holman did well when he came on but Ashley Westwood is my MOTM by a mile. That boy is going to be some player.

Rubbish game but a points a point.

We had some great openings but wasted all of them. Just a fear factor and poor decision making.

I am getting sick of Bannan's crap floated corners. How has nothing been done on the training ground about them? Utter waste every time.

Westwood looks good, Benteke is quality.

Vital 3 games coming up.

Guzan 7: Didn't have that much to do in truth

Lowton 8: Was really solid

Vlaar 7: Hope he isn't out injured now

Clark 6: Makes me nervous but did ok

Stevens 6: Starting to settle well

KEA 6: I can understand why he played but I still don't rate him

Westwood 8: Impressive again

Bannan 7: Really looking the complete player now

Weimann 7: A good shift

Benteke 6: One of his poorer games but still a handful

Gabby 8: Did really well

Subs: Lichaj 7, Holman 6 (great shot) Albrighton (too late to rate)

Lambert 7: Got his tactics right

A point and a clean sheet against Arsenal after the City game is not to be scoffed at. Extra pleased as we played a lot of the second half with a back four of Lowton, Lichaj, Clark and Stevens and still didn't concede.

Bring on Tuesday night. Bannan MOTM for me.

Szczesny's save from Holman was the difference as both sides lacked a little cutting edge up front. Weimann unlucky to get himself offside for the goal. Benteke, not his best game but when he held it up he linked up really. Westwood put in another good effort, Gabby worked tirelessly. We were pressing Arsenal for 90 minutes, it was a great team effort in difficult conditions. Hopefully the Vlaar injury won't keep him out for too long.

A clean sheet and good performance is exactly what we need off the back of those defeats. It will lift the team greatly, carry on today's form, we will beat Reading and QPR.

'held on against Arsenal?'

Apart from the last 5 minutes I thought we were the better team throughout. Crackin' performance from the young lads.

Lot of positives to take from today and I also thought it was a good game. It was 0-0 but still a very decent game in the conditions.

Really impressed with Bannan and Westwood in the middle. Holman also looked superb when he came on just in front.

MOTM has to go to Gabby though today. On sheer effort alone he was fantastic. He lacked that final bit of quality at times but was brilliant throughout I thought.

Bring on the next two games and hopefully we can take the performances from Utd and Arsenal in to them. Our goal this season needs to be survive and If we can, there is a lot to be positive about for the future.

Lets just get behind Lambert and the boys.

UTV.

so we're gonna stay up coz we played well against Arsenal?

i'll wait til the end of the Reading game before i get too excited, those are the games we should be winning and those have been our downfall

i thought our energy and closing down was a masterclass today

Clark was superb and really stepped up once Vlaar came off (god i hope hes fit for Tuesday!), on paper the defence we finished with is hilariously inexperienced but they stood up to the task

Bannan was very good, finding space and very accurate with his passes

Holman looked sharp and Gabby and Tekkers worked tirelessly, Tekkers continues to impress with the ball at his feet

but the most praise should be saved for ASHLEY WESTWOOD...he looked like he had been running our midfield for years, very very Carrick esque

MOTM by far

gonna go to bed more positive tonight but Tuesday is a massive massive game

Delighted with how the lads played AGAIN today. We were very unlucky Vs Utd, ROBBED yet deserved to lose at City and a nice draw tonight which could have been more Vs Arsenal.

Im surprised by Stevens, last few games I have been quite impressed considering I thought he would be nowhere near X11. Joe Bennett is going to have his work cut out when he returns from injury.

We also have to remember people that once Vlaar got injured our back four were all about 22 years and younger. I hope Vlaar will be ok but need to strengthen in January!!

Bannan and Westwood have formed a fantastic partnership in the middle of the park. They were both outstanding - who goes in as No.3? Delph, Holman, El Ahmadi, Ireland?

Weimann continues to impress and Gabby worked his socks off.

Ratings?

Guzan: 7 - Didn't have much to do.

Lowton: 7 - Solid at Right back, composed at CB.

Stevens: 8 - Really impressed me!!

Vlaar: 7 - Solid

Clark: 8 - Made some great interceptions.

Bannan: 8 - Worked his socks off, some great passes.

Westwood: 8 - Worked his socks off, held the midfield together.

El Ahmadi: 6 - Did OK, weakest link in our midfield. I do not like our players diving either.

Weimann: 7 - Played well.

Gabby: 8 - Worked his socks off, some great runs, skills and a few shots too.

Benteke: 7 - Didn't really have much to do. Held the ball up well and bashed about the Arsenal defence.

Subs:

Lichaq: 7 - Solid when he came on.

Holman: 7 - Ran about as always.

Albrighton: No score.

The future is bright people, the future is clarent and blue. UP THE VILLA!!

Â