New Years Eve 2013 ideas?

daz316

A nice bath , some pinot grigio and Stella , a few snacks and then a skype chat with the wife. A nice relaxed affair that won't kill my wallet and I'll be fresh to enjoy tomorrows "footnall" and darts . Well I say enjoy ...

Good luck and health to all of you . happy new year and up the Villa.!!!!!!

Just turned on the telly and witnessed someone called 'Tiny Temper' (or however the prick spells it) imitating an artist. Truly awful.

As an alternative, I find this surprisingly happy and spirit raising

Just had a curry (a Waitrose microwave one but still very good)... working my way through a bottle of wine... will watch Predators at 9pm on Film 4 and then flick the channels until midnight, Then bed. Anti-social? Maybe... but in a few weeks I will off to Thailand with a mate, so not really bothered about going out tonight. I'd only end up spending a ton on a shit night anyway!

Just had a curry (a Waitrose microwave one but still very good)... working my way through a bottle of wine... will watch Predators at 9pm on Film 4 and then flick the channels until midnight, Then bed. Anti-social? Maybe... but in a few weeks I will off to Thailand with a mate, so not really bothered about going out tonight. I'd only end up spending a ton on a shit night anyway!

Jammy Barsteward!! What's the plan of action when you get to Thailand? I'm hoping to go back in April.

• Like 1

I'm staying in for the first time since in about 20 years. Apart from last year when I was in Aspen shitting myself with a nasty norovirus.

Trekka - point your speakers at your neighbours and play this:

Bobby Womack aside, that Hootenanny lineup is horrendous, probably the worst ever.

Even Bobby Womack was shit. Petula Clarke, ffs who ever told her Crazy was the song for her needs to be shot, Cee Lo nailed it. Kevin Rowland even had to bring a mate along to sing half the lines, the big nosedarsehole, Adam Ant jesus man it was 30 years ago, give it up, The Dubliners - a pissed up tramps orchestra, The Hives - argghhh, Jake Bugg oh come on lad, who told him we needed a new Dylan I could go on...

Bettye LaVette was good though and Rico Rodriguez made me smile

But yes definitely

Well, all my scepticism was smashed - I though The Hobbit (HFR & 3D) was astonishing, totally loved it, and can't wait for part two.

Followed by some drinking with good friends in the local. Perhaps mixing beer and scotch was a bad idea as I felt shocking this morning. A good fry-up seems to have gone a long way to effecting a recovery, however.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Jammy Barsteward!! What's the plan of action when you get to Thailand? I'm hoping to go back in April.

Not entirely sure, its been driven by my mate. He was made redundant (he was happy with that!) and got a decent payout. His plan is to duck out of the rat race for 3-6 months and spent at least half the time in SE Asia. Myself, being in work, can only really take 7-10 days off in January (need to save my days for other holidays planned later in the year). So, once he decides what he is doing then I will join up with him for a part of his break. It will start in Bangkok, as it always does, then down to the Islands (Samui, Phagnan and Tao, possibly) but my mate has provisional plans for Laos and the Philippines as well. I think the lure of Angles City is too strong for him to ignore! I will more than likely head out with him to Bangers for a few days then down to Samui and see how we get on.

Â