Birmingham Pub Bombings - Justice For The 21

snakevilla

Its 38 years today since the Birmingham Pub Bombings, to this day the killers of 21 innocent Brummies remain at large, show that us Brummies care, and we are prepared to stand up for our community, please take a minute to sign the petition, and raise the profile of the campaign, the families need justice, your signature counts,http:// , ,, epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/24443 the Justice for the 21 group are also on twitter @justice4the21

Sorry but we let all the convicted IRA murderers out a while ago, there is precious little (government) enthusiasm to go hunting for those who got away with it completely.

However if you fancy a one man Chuck Norris style settling of scores, Boston might be a good place to start looking.

• Like 1

Sorry but we let all the convicted IRA murderers out a while ago, there is precious little (government) enthusiasm to go hunting for those who got away with it completely.

However if you fancy a one man Chuck Norris style settling of scores, Boston might be a good place to start looking.

Not quite clear from this whether you are saying the Birmingham 6 were really guilty, or something else.

We're never going to find out who did it, and there's no appetite to reopen investigations into IRA bombings that will likely never be solved.

Sometimes you just have to move on.

I think the authorities and powers that be know exactly who did it, but, as mentioned in this thread, there is no desire to reopen old wounds.

Not quite clear from this whether you are saying the Birmingham 6 were really guilty, or something else.

A relative of mine worked on the case and he said he would bet on the life of his children they had the right people.

this isnt about settling scores its for 20 families ( there were 2 brothers who died) to try to see the right thing done..they need our help

Mate I agree with the sentiment but the best you can hope for is that whoever did it will have to square their actions with the big man in the sky eventually. UK PLC is not going after the old and bold of PIRA to hold them to account. A petition won't change that, it's just politics.

Mate I agree with the sentiment but the best you can hope for is that whoever did it will have to square their actions with the big man in the sky eventually.

LOL, I'm sure that'll be comforting for them, God will sort em' out in the end so don't worry about it.

LOL, I'm sure that'll be comforting for them, God will sort em' out in the end so don't worry about it.

Hence "the best you can hope for", not "don't worry God will roast their balls for all eternity". There will be no earthly justice for the scum that did it.

In reality, if a petition like this did actually gather any meaningful momentum, the only tangible thing it would achieve would be to make any Irish person that little bit less welcome in Birmingham to those locals who are of a mind to act upon a prejudice.

So the achievement would IMO only be a negative one. As those above have pointed out. Those in power don't want to re-open old political wounds. So the only ones left are social wounds; and there's always a healthy number of Daily Mail readers ready to re-open those at the drop of a hat.

In reality, if a petition like this did actually gather any meaningful momentum, the only tangible thing it would achieve would be to make any Irish person that little bit less welcome in Birmingham to those locals who are of a mind to act upon a prejudice.

My mom was telling me yesterday about the abuse she got after the bombings (she's Irish).

She was working in a hotel on Corporation street and got so much stick she ended up moving house and jobs to get away from it.

So the achievement would IMO only be a negative one. As those above have pointed out. Those in power don't want to re-open old political wounds. So the only ones left are social wounds; and there's always a healthy number of Daily Mail readers ready to re-open those at the drop of a hat.

I'd disagree. In the same manner as the people of Derry had the right to know who did what on Bloody Sunday, or the ongoing campaign for finding out the truth in the Dublin/Monaghan bombings, I would think it only fair that the perpetrators of various PIRA bomb attacks in the UK are revealed. Perhaps not prosecuted, given the GFA, but definitely revealed.

Perhaps with the ongoing controversy over the 'Boston College tapes', the truth of what happened may come out a lot sooner then people realise.

A relative of mine worked on the case and he said he would bet on the life of his children they had the right people.

Interesting, what went wrong then that the B6 were released?

Need our help to do what exactly?

We're never going to find out who did it, and there's no appetite to reopen investigations into IRA bombings that will likely never be solved.

Sometimes you just have to move on.

This is true, there are loads of atrocities committed by the IRA and UVF etc... It's impossible to solve them and to try to do so would end up invariably with some innocent people being blamed again in some cases.

As you said, sometimes you just have to move on. Be thankful those days are behind us now. Time to look forward to the future.

I think the authorities and powers that be know exactly who did it, but, as mentioned in this thread, there is no desire to reopen old wounds.

Didn't Chris Mullin track down someone who agreed to be interviewed incognito, who was part of the IRA, who knew details about the case that weren't public, and who said that the 6 were not part of it?

I would fully expect that the authorities know the people first charged weren't responsible. It's not unusual.

What does that mean? He's known to you, and by a weak extension, to us? That we should accept his bona fides? Well, ok, as far as that goes. Let's assume he's acting in good faith.

Next, that he believes the evidence to point towards the people first accused. Here we move beyond simply accepting the view of someone who is a relative of someone who posts on this board, and ask, not unreasonably, for something approaching evidence.

He may have seen a small part of the available evidence. He may have done one exercise or more which make him think the case is closed. He may have an overview of the case, or have a tiny part of the picture. He may not even know what part of the picture he has.

I think I'll stick with externally verified facts, without imputing anything to your family member.

• Like 1

Â