West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The only thing I think the ref got wrong was that on one occasion Gayle took a hand to the face and no free kick was given, but when the same thing happened to Green we got a free kick.

I thought that too but the gibbs one is intentional and was given by the lino rather than the ref, green has done him and gibbs knows it and sticks his hand out to stop him, hourihane I think is more natural and accidental

agree he could have got a 2nd yellow for it

the thing is baggies / leeds / a.n.other with a grealish obsession see it as him dragging his foot and going over which makes it a dive and him a cheat, everything jack does is designed to win a foul, that touch, his body shape the lot but what the reality is is that jack has the football intelligence to know gibbs has gone to ground to win a ball that he cant get to, gibbs doesn't have the football intelligence not to go to ground, as soon as jack beats him to the ball that's a penalty, simple as that, even seen examples of a leeds player hurdling a derby tackle "because he's not a pussy" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the thing is baggies / leeds / a.n.other with a grealish obsession see it as him dragging his foot and going over which makes it a dive and him a cheat, everything jack does is designed to win a foul, that touch, his body shape the lot but what the reality is is that jack has the football intelligence to know gibbs has gone to ground to win a ball that he cant get to, gibbs doesn't have the football intelligence not to go to ground, as soon as jack beats him to the ball that's a penalty, simple as that, even seen examples of a leeds player hurdling a derby tackle "because he's not a pussy" 

Basically this.  Grealish would absolutely wind me up if he was on the opposing team because he actively plays to win free kicks if he can't spot a good pass or whatever.  It leaves players with a tough decision because if they get tight, he'll look to win a foul but if they stand off him, he'll pick a pass or run with the ball - and he's very good at doing both of these things.

The penalty is a penalty all day long.  If you need any confirmation at all, just look at the reaction of Gibbs and the West Brom defenders.  If that's a dive, at 1-1 away from home in a playoff game, they'd be livid.

Baggies fans fuming...Mr Tumble they call him.

I though it was a very good performance by them. They know they cant take us on at football so they use other means and it very nearly worked.

But their fans are so obsessed with us, it affects their judgement! 

Edited by MarkLillis

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

wasn't one of their goals (in the second game this season) literally kicked out of Kalinić's grasp? Or am I thinking wrong?

That was Sheffield United.

• Thanks 1

Say this before we inevitably lose and it sounds like sour grapes

Watching these 2 games, I don't see how a baggies fan can be excited about the prospect of going up, I know the prem is this be all and end all utopia but they're nowhere near good enough, sat watching villa have 70% possession ,  what's a man city or Liverpool going to do to them next season? Simply not ready 

They were screwed by three things this season, really:

1) Harvey Barnes leaving in January;

2) Sacking Darren Moore without having a replacement ready;

3) Key players getting stupid red cards at the crunch end of the season (how did they end up with Robson-Kanu, Gayle and Brunt dismissed in successive matches? Madness)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

3) Key players getting stupid red cards at the crunch end of the season (how did they end up with Robson-Kanu, Gayle and Brunt dismissed in successive matches? Madness)

Might be because their approach is to kick and bully the other team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Might be because their approach is to kick and bully the other team. 

Yes, but that really goes back to 2). That certainly wasn't Darren Moore's approach earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, but that really goes back to 2). That certainly wasn't Darren Moore's approach earlier in the season. 

In the 2 games has been complete opposite than under Moore. Strategy was to outscore teams under Moore. This new guy whose name I still dont know it was to defend 

Just now, Zatman said:

In the 2 games has been complete opposite than under Moore. Strategy was to outscore teams under Moore. This new guy whose name I still dont know it was to defend 

Yep. They keep lurching from one style to a completely different one. Pulis to Pardew to Moore to Shan. Defensive solidity to counter-attacking uselessness to front-foot fast movement to defensive solidity again. They could do with making these swings a bit less wild. 

Shan ? Must've choked the bluenose big time. He probably had plans to reveal a SOTV shirt had the boggies won last night :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

Â