West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2017 at 18:41, mykeyb said:

Just heard a baggies fan on radio 5 making a case for Pulis to be sacked and Ancelotti to be appointed.........needless to say that Savage absolutely took him to pieces.

Pretty sure that was an Everton fan...

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Pulis knows only one way to set up a team and currently that's not working. 2 wins in 23 is it....

You think back to our relegation season and we won 3 league games all season and were pretty much down by November. I know it's spread over two seasons but the run WBA are on is appalling yet no one actually seems to be noticing.

They have Chelsea, Spurs and Man. City in their next 4 games so the league table will look much worse for them in a months time.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Sinking towards the relegation zone, but don't worry Tesco Baggeez, he knows how to keep a team up does Cap Boy.

In fairness, he does. They’re currently above Leicester, West Ham and Everton and have spent (as far as I’m aware?) nowhere near the same amount. 

His football is the absolute epitome of boring but effective. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, he does. They’re currently above Leicester, West Ham and Everton and have spent (as far as I’m aware?) nowhere near the same amount. 

His football is the absolute epitome of boring but effective

Haven't they won something like two out of the last twenty-three? 

Don't get me wrong, I still think on balance he'll turn it round, but they have been garbage so far this season and they have a horrendous run of fixtures coming up. 

He always has issues constructing teams when he spends decent money.

On the face of it Barry and Krychowiak were good signings for them but what does Pulis do, he plays them and Livermore in a midfield three. Two of them can't run and Livermore is bang average so those three won't contribute even three goals from midfield unless Barry takes the penalties.

All very static and if you can defend their set pieces properly (which is easier said than done) they will offer very little from open play.

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Haven't they won something like two out of the last twenty-three? 

Don't get me wrong, I still think on balance he'll turn it round, but they have been garbage so far this season and they have a horrendous run of fixtures coming up. 

They’re 13th and lost 3 in 9. That poor form run may well run into last season (again, nowhere near relegation) but it’s hardly “garbage” this season. 

Maybe their football still is, though. 

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

They’re 13th and lost 3 in 9. That poor form run may well run into last season (again, nowhere near relegation) but it’s hardly “garbage” this season. 

Maybe their football still is, though. 

You're right, maybe 'garbage' is too far. But given the (lack of) difficulty of their opponents so far this season, and their poor points return, and the likelihood that they will be in the relegation zone after the next five games, I don't think it's far off. 

On a more general point - Krychowiak, Livermore and Barry are all water-carriers. Why do they play with three versions of the same player? It's no wonder they don't create any chances. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On a more general point - Krychowiak, Livermore and Barry are all water-carriers. Why do they play with three versions of the same player? It's no wonder they don't create any chances. 

Why he just defaults to coma-inducing dull football I don't know. When he kept Palace up they actually played football that was exciting to watch. (Including helping to derail Liverplop's title run which means I can't hate Pulis 100%)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When the Pulis 'brand' of football fails to deliver acceptable results it really must be the worst thing you can possibly watch on a football pitch.

The same as us under mcleish?  Remember those games playing Hesket left wing saying he was our Beckenbauer.......

Â