West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, John said:

They look like they are waiting for the firing squad to take aim. Won't someone offer them a blindfold?😄

Executed for crimes against fashion and football?

• Like 1

On 17/07/2019 at 12:45, kurtsimonw said:

The state of their squad... they've got a lot of work to do to reach the playoffs.

Slav has brought in a few names lately. Bit of a team forming there now.

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Maybe they're hoping that if they look like Norwich then they'll win the league.

I agree, that shirt is awful and their 3rd shirt looks like the sole of a training shoe.

I’ve asked in an Arab PL whatsapp group who do they reckon will go up. Couple of them said that Tesco bags are most likely to be up. Not sure wether thats because they hate them or really say that.

I guess they’ll be alright but I think this season it’s much harder.

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

How much did he go for? And who did Brentford get after who they lost?

It's undisclosed but i have heard figures of 3m, no idea if true.

Brentford have signed a couple of new players and probably already have the replacement in place.

Edited by MaVilla

Amazed they paid 8m for Zohore. He was pretty much out of favour at Cardiff when Warnock turned up. He got an inspired year out of him the year they went up but went back to normal last season. One premier league goal last season.

Even in 17/18 he only actually scored 9 championship goals.

Sawyers is a good signing and bargain at 3m (why have Brentford let him go for that low a fee) but again very much a creator rather than scorer. He didn't score a single goal last season, four the previous year.

They have lost Barnes, Gayle and Rodriguez from last season, pretty much 40 goals there.

Maybe they'll try to go down the 1-0 route more but Bilic never really struck me as a manager who can organise teams that well, West Ham were always mediocre defensively under his watch.

Same as last year, will be in play off mix but not enough for top 2.

Just looking at it from last season:

Jay Rodriguez scored 22 championship goals.

Gayle 24 goals.

Barnes scored 9 goals. He only played up to January before Leicester recalled him.

55 goals they've lost from the squad that started last season, that is significantly weaker squad they have now.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's alright, Hal Robson-Kanu is going to score 35 of those himself. 

He'll do that and get sent off in final minute of their meaningless last match and then miss the whole play off campaign again.

• Haha 1

On 28/07/2019 at 12:18, Zatman said:

Expect both baggies and blues to struggle this season and expect both managers sacked. Blues to bring in Pulis and baggies to hire Bruce after Newcastle sack him

One of the wildest yet most likely predictions I have ever heard.

They've won at Forest, a very good result I guess. But anyway it could be first game which doesn't indicate anything. SHA won at Brentford typically on their way, only one shot in target and 25% possession. But fair enough WBA came from a losing position.

The league seem tricky, couple of unpredicted results.

Anyway, I think that they have a good chance in getting up if they carried on. 

Â