West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

thats exactly what the baggies fans by me say, 36 years (?) of finishing above them in the league, finished above us twice "we're a bigger club" you can imagine what they are like now

utter modern football / society what have you done for me lately nonsense

Edited by villa4europe

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

thats exactly what the baggies fans by me say, 36 years (?) of finishing above them in the league, finished above us twice "we're a bigger club" you can imagine what they are like now

utter modern football / society what have you done for me lately nonsense

sure Blues were ahead of us for a couple of months and you would think they relegated us how they went on :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody else find it derogatory the way that Pulis refers to the owners as 'The Chinese'? 

When he says ' I need to speak to the Chinese'. And 'wait to see what the Chinese have to say' type thing. 

Ruffles my feathers! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Does anybody else find it derogatory the way that Pulis refers to the owners as 'The Chinese'? 

When he says ' I need to speak to the Chinese'. And 'wait to see what the Chinese have to say' type thing. 

Ruffles my feathers! 

Mentioned it a while back, it's the way he says it that is really really annoying. Don't hear Conte saying he will talk to the Russian or Pep saying he will talk with the Arabs etc. Shows a lack of respect.

• Like 1

Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.

The 33-year-old Scotland captain made 97 appearances for the Baggies after joining from Manchester United in 2015.

"This is a new challenge for me now and I like to think I respond well to new challenges," Fletcher told Stoke's website.

Fletcher will officially join Mark Hughes' side on 1 July when his contract at The Hawthorns expires.

The Scot, who recovered from chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis to resume his career in December 2013, made 342 appearances for United but started only five times for the club after Louis van Gaal took over as manager in 2014.

He was granted a free transfer to join West Brom and was handed the captaincy by boss Tony Pulis shortly after his arrival at the club.

Pulis said: "Of course there is a disappointment in seeing 'Fletch' move on and we wish him well.

"I was happy that we made him a fair and competitive offer but, as is his right, he has chosen to accept another opportunity.

"He has been my captain since he came into the club and he has led the team superbly. But that is football and we move on. Nothing stays the same forever and the game moves on."

Club is run like a corner shop.

• 1 month later...

Love the way these nonentities think they're so great, commenting on Facebook Villa sites, hilarious.

Villa have been boring for at least 5 years now, Olbiyun have been boring since Big Fat Ron left 'em.

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Love the way these nonentities think they're so great, commenting on Facebook Villa sites, hilarious.

Villa have been boring for at least 5 years now, Olbiyun have been boring since Big Fat Ron left 'em.

I wouldn't say the last five years were boring, it has been crazy!  We have been a soap opera club for the last 7 years.

• 4 weeks later...

IIs it me or has Pulis got no respect whatsoever? 

First of all he refers to the owners as "The Chinese" constantly and then last night gives an interview about trying to sign Ben Gibson from Boro, saying its going to be hard to get him out of there etc.

Now whilst it isnt a major issue, why is it he talks about other peoples players like that? You know for a fact he would be shouting from the rooftops if it was the other way round.

And the Chinese thing is just bizarre, why not the owners? Or the Chairman or something along them lines.... but "The Chinese"?

I actually like Tony Pullis...bar his style of football may i add! I totally agree with others though, he is a dinosaur in terms of most things!

Â