West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

I'm not surprised one bit by their freefall in form. Heard rumblings of discontent behind the scenes there in March. That Clark and the chairman dont get on and Clark wants out, that theres a big split in the squad and the board are refusing to spend a penny. Troubled times there and they will be bottom half easily this season.

• Like 1

Still dont care about West Brom, they're the nice little club from down the road.

Dont understand how the rivalry has increased tbh, nothing has happened to the two clubs to increase it other than Wolves and Blues being shite all round and so theres a lack of proper derbies

Question and answer in same post surely

Isn't Frank Skinner and Adrian 'toby jug face' Chiles enough to dislike West Brom? The fact that they insist they are the premier league's most wackiest,zaniest, loveable fans? That the 'great escape' of 2005 is their most talked about achievement of the last 30 years ? That they have such a massive chip on their shoulders that they hate bothe us and Wolves with a passion?! I shall look forward to their meltdown with relish.

• Like 3

Loads of the sad **** in the pub yesterday cheering on Arsenal. I can't wait to give these inbred tossers a right royal thrashing when we next play them. Dark horses for relegation if Old Man Anelka can't come up with the goods.

If your team are at home on the opening day of the season against a team who have had just one season inthe top flight and you don't have a shot on target til the 87th minute then you should be worried

Way too early to predict a demise, I saw bits of the game in the pub whilst watching the villa and from what I saw it was a poor game all round which neither team really deserved to win. I do think there's only so much time you can get away with a team of 30+year old journeyman free transfers and loans.

• Like 1

My baggies supporting brother-in-law had a last minute spare ticket to the Southampton game and asked me to go.

They were really poor. Anelka looked like a shadow of his former self, but to be fair he was working off scraps. They hardly created anything. The ground was silent as well, apart from the Saints fans. I was at the back of the largest stand and could hear the players calling for the ball. Pride of the Midlands, my arse.

I couldn't get signal inside the ground so the first I knew of the Villa score was from the big screen, whilst walking out after Lambert's pen. It was quite difficult to contain my excitement.

My baggies supporting brother-in-law had a last minute spare ticket to the Southampton game and asked me to go.

They were really poor. Anelka looked like a shadow of his former self, but to be fair he was working off scraps. They hardly created anything. The ground was silent as well, apart from the Saints fans. I was at the back of the largest stand and could hear the players calling for the ball. Pride of the Midlands, my arse.

I couldn't get signal inside the ground so the first I knew of the Villa score was from the big screen, whilst walking out after Lambert's pen. It was quite difficult to contain my excitement.

Was this when your avatar picture was taken?

• Like 2

Was this when your avatar picture was taken?

:D No, but apart from the villa top and the €3 sunglasses it was pretty much that.

My WBA supporting friend is convinced theyre in a relegation battle, you can't replace Lukaku with an aging Anelka.

Yeah, I tipped them for relegation candidates a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure we'll finish above them at least.

Baggies fan at work also thought that they could be for the drop this season. Good of him to admit it I suppose, must have been like a release for him really.

Actually though it made me taking the p!ss a lot more fun!!

Whilst I'm fairly confident we will finish above them and that they won't do as well a last yr, I think they are solid enough to stay up. Have a decent defence and cover in front of it, so won't concede many especially against the lower sides. Also think hull, palace really really lack premiership quality so they are almost definites to go down, think there are worst teams than Albion about

Comfortably in midtable I think, worse than last year but not relegation candidates. Maybe a bit like Fulham last season where people start saying 'If they lose a couple they'll have to start looking over their shoulder' but not really ever in any danger. If they have another crap summer then maybe the year after.

There are enough goals in Vydra, Anelka and Long to keep them up easily imo.

Â