Midweek football 19/22 Novermber

andykeenan

Dortmund are so awesome. Will qualify top of the group now, thus avoiding Barcelona in the second round. That's important imo, because I think Barça are the only team I wouldn't give BVB much of a chance against - although they're also one of the few teams I reckon would be capable of beating Barça in the knockout stages.

Yep, I'm rooting for Dortmund. Great team, great supporters, and they do things the right way, not the new money way.

A hundred million times this. I would love for them to win the Champions League as they would just be the perfect example of football done properly. Home grown talent with a handful of good (but not expensive) signings to keep the quality high, ticket prices which mean any fan can go, as a result they get full stadiums week in week out.. If every football club operated like that, football would be fantastic. It is great that they do this already and are successful on a domestic level, and the Bundesliga generally is a model I wish we had here with most of the clubs working similarly - but to replicate that success in the Champions League might just send a very powerful message to all of football (until Real Madrid buy 5 players for 400m and win it next year)

agree for me its better than Zlatan goal not just because of importance but also as keeper in the goal and he is a centre half.

was it just me who thought referee had a shocker in City game, how did Kompany stay on the pitch

Â