Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I'd be tempted to stick a man on Carzola to try and take him out of the game. He's Arsenal's main threat and pulls the strings. I know that we should play to our own strengths but i just wonder if sticking someone like Holman on him who will follow his every move and neutralise him may be a good idea.

I'd be tempted to stick a man on Carzola to try and take him out of the game. He's Arsenal's main threat and pulls the strings. I know that we should play to our own strengths but i just wonder if sticking someone like Holman on him who will follow his every move and neutralise him may be a good idea.

Could Holman counter Carzorla's nous though?

He would run for the whole game though definitely

I think Podolski will be their main threat in this game

The lad is quick and i think he will expose us at the back

I expect Giroud to be relatively quiet though and shackled by Concrete Ron

Will Gervinho play as well? I expect Wenger to target our fullbacks like fergie did

I would have hoped for more considering the opposition and it would make more sense for people to get behind the time now as I'm sure they won't be so keen to turn up next season when we are playing the likes of Barnsley.

On a cold, wet, dark evening in November with the prospect of watching us get a good hiding I think 35,000 would be quite an achievement!

Quite an achievement? If we cant get close to capacity against a top 4 team then what is the point in having a 42,000 stadium.

I would think quite a few clubs have stadiums that are far bigger than the team on the pitch is capable of filling! People won't turn up and pay good money to watch if the product is poor and the outcome is all but cast in stone.

I was having a chat to a arsenal fan in the pub this evening and he said he hates playing Villa because we have turned into there bogie team..

He went on to say that we always give them a game at VP and we are hard to beat. Depending on what mood arsenal are in he is actually expecting a slip up tomorrow and we will snatch it.

Personally I just hope we give it another good go like we have shown against manure & first half of city and I also have a feeling we might just actually sneak this but very very narrowly.