Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

They got lucky against Spuds on Saturday, and are inconsistent as inconsistent can be, within matches let alone from match to match. A lot depends on their Champions League game in mid-week, but I think we have a shot provided we stop Cazorla from pulling the strings. He is the key to their performances.

Thinking optimistically, we could repeat the Man U performance and grab a 2-2 draw in an entertaining game.

On the flip side, if we concede early, our defence's confidence will hit rock bottom after the Man U and Man City games and we could end up losing 3 or 4, this is a team that has just put 5 past Tottenham don't forget.

I do think they'll under estimate us, so who scores the first goal will be vital.

I think we'll get it, score two more and having learnt from the previous games, hold out for the win (Maybe slip up once) 3-1.

I'd play -

-------------------Benteke---------------

------Agbonlahor------Weimann------

El Ahmadi------------------------Ireland

-------------------Westwood-------------

Stevens-----Vlaar-----Clark-----Lowton

---------------------Guzan------------------

I don't think arsenal are that amazing to be honest,before spurs they drew at home to spurs and before that lost to norwich. If we can play like we did against united we can get a draw or even nick this,think positive!!!! Come on villa!!!!!

Heart says we will get something out of this, with the players wanting to get over the last shameful result with a win.

Head says defeat, maybe heavy, and another nail in Lambert's coffin. I can't see him lasting beyond christmas if we continue to be in the bottom 3 with all the relegation six-pointers coming up. The pressure on him and the players will be immense and I'm not sure if Lambert and his honest bunch of kids will keep us up.