The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

maqroll

Absolute rocket polishers. Even if we 100% knew the world was going to end I wouldn't tell my kids.

There was one on more4 the other day with these nutcase Americans who were spending $70,000 on shelters. It was hilarious.

I thought the ones who build shelters believe society is going to break down rather than the world 'ending'.

That's right. But it's obviously going to happen any minute now according to that most reliable indicator, the Book of Revelation.

Fuckwits.

That's right. But it's obviously going to happen any minute now according to that most reliable indicator, the Book of Revelation.

Fuckwits.

I reckon most are awaiting the Rapture but there are others who are whipped up my the media to fear some sort of bogeyman be it their own government, commies or foreigners with long beards.

Mexico is also hoping the end of an era will mark the start of a new boom in tourism. On 21 December' date=' Merida will officially open a new Grand Mayan World Museum, which claims to exhibit the biggest collection of Mayan cultural artifacts in Mexico. More than 60,000 visitors have already passed through the museum’s doors. Staff say the most popular exhibits are interactive displays about end-of-the-world prophesies, though they stress that 21 December simply marks the change from one 5,125 year-era to another.[/quote']

There's probably one huge upside to all this, people are taking interest in Mesoamerican history and culture and that can only be good for education and human knowledge.

Better than the Harold Camping types which serve only to amuse, anyway.

Maybe the Myans did'nt mean the exact end of the world.

They might have meant the end of ordinary time, which means that we are in extra/injury time now ?!

They didn't mean it's the exact end of the world. They meant the calendar ended. Mayan decendants (or, more appropriately, the Mayans) had a big party to celebrate the resetting of the calendar.

We'll have to wait a while until the new-age shamens come up with a new one.

PS. Where's that fecking Niribu planet? Sounded exciting to me. Ah well.

Â