The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

maqroll

I was skipping through Sky channels the other night and I saw a documentary about people who think the world is ending today. I watched for about 15 minutes and I was fuming! There are idiots out there who have kids and they have brainwashed their kids into thinking they are going to die today! These people should have their kids taken off them. There was a little boy who was probably around 7 years old crying his eyes out because he didn't want the world to end and his parents were just sitting there talking absolute nonesense to the interviewer. They had built a little bunker just incase it didn't end but something else happened instead!

Absolute rocket polishers. Even if we 100% knew the world was going to end I wouldn't tell my kids.

Saw a thing on the BBC World News: I never realised that there are still people in Mexico who not only call themselves Mayans, but speak Mayan as a first language. In any case, what the Mayans themselves are saying is that there never has been a doomsday prophecy: It is just the start of a new calender cycle. So this whole business is based on a few freaks incorrectly interpreting the meaning of a calendar system which virtually nobody (including the freaks themselves) uses on a day-to-day basis anyway. Truly it takes all sorts.

the mayans never made any predictions about the end of the world. their calendar just ticked over at 11.11GMT to a new set of years. all that happened was that thousands of years ago some guy wasn't arsed adding another bit to the calendar

I think the Myans were actually really smart people.I think that they were so smart that they actually wrote this calendar for a laugh.Its like the millenium bug or a computer virus, everyone is waiting for the world to end and the Myans are having a right laugh at our expence.

Lets hear it for the Myans then.

Â