• Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Ireland
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 62)
    • Holman (for Weimann 62)
    • Bowery (for Benteke 83)

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert on City's first penalty, given by the linesman: "I've just watched it. That is never a handball, nowhere near it, it was an absolutely ridiculous decision and never a penalty in its life - it came off the City player's head and did not touch Andreas Weimann's hand. None of their players appealed and how he called that in a big moment in the game, I don't know. He's got to be 100% sure and I'm 100% certain it wasn't a penalty. That decision was a massive call and he got it wrong."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20376480

At 0 0 we played some decent stuff and could've scored. Once city scored it never looked like we would come back into it. However, at 1 0 there was always a chance. Awful decisions to award the pens, especially the first. Knocked all stuffing out of us and we were obviously going to crumble... The thing that worries me is how this will affect our already low confidence

You expected them to give up ?

Very unprofessional

Struggling to see how you came to that conclusion from the one word I posted?

In case you didn't know, what I meant was the result was what I expected at 2.59pm today.

Well that terrible, shocking decision changed the game no matter how you look at it. The mentality of our players changed, Man City went into cruise control and we were never going to get anything out of it. Had that decision not been made we were still in it, Man City probably still would have won so nothing really changed. But, who expected us to go there and win?

I don't think we'll go down. I think we're looking a LOT better. We'll be fine IMO.

Yeaa more positives to be taken out of the game today. Another defeat and complete collapse again by the looks of things - taken us to the relegation zone.

Yes it was a bad penalty decision - but this 'heads down' excuse is **** bullshit. What about the fans that paid to go and watch that? They do not pay to see the players have their heads down.

Pathetic excuse of a team/squad.

Let's not blame the officials here ! Ci£y had 70% possession, countless corners and scored 5 goals

And their first 11 probably cost about £200m. They are also the Champions of the league. And they did get a shocking decision go in their favour. Bit of perspective ffs?

Let's not blame the officials here ! Ci£y had 70% possession, countless corners and scored 5 goals

Lambert desperatly needs to sign a defensive midfielder and some decent centre backs. we havent got any

I've been very pleased with Vlaar. And I'm not the biggest fan of Clark but I don't think he's been all that bad either since he's come back into the team, despite the goals we've conceded. I do think we could do with beefing up in midfield a little though.

I'm not actually that upset by the result. Our season wont be determined by how we do away at Manchester City, I might be wrong but I think since they last lost at home in the Premier League (Everton, December 2010) their record at the Etihad reads P31 W29 D2. There wont be many away points gained up there this season, especially from teams who will be towards the bottom of the league.

So what positives can we take from the game? We were decent for an hour, their first goal was a bit soft, we could have done better to clear from the corner and it was obvious the collapse was caused by the players spending too much time being pissed off about the penalty decision and not enough time focussing on the task at hand. However, like last week we can come away from the game feeling that we werent outclassed (its weird to be able to say that after an 0-5 defeat) and if anything the feel that we were somehow wronged might bring the lads together. They will know where they **** up, the loss of focus is something which should be avoidable next week, and while Arsenal will be another tough test I think we can still go into the must win games in December against Reading, QPR & Stoke with plenty of confidence that we are a better team than they are.

Careful now. Posting something that balanced and sensible will likely be met with something witty and condescending. Like a roll eyes smiley.

• Like 1

Â