Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think we'll win 1-0, it'll be a hard fought game in midfield and Ireland will finally have a shot and score the winner from 20 yards after he finds a bit of space, two touches = BANG.

I'd play -

----------------Christian------------

------------Gabby---Andi----------

Stephen----------------------Barry

-----------------Ashley--------------

Enda----Ciaran-------Ron----Matt

-------------------Brad----------------

First name terms :D

As someone else said if we'd have got something from the manure game it would have been so much better. To put that much effort in and still lose definitely has an effect on the team and players. Reminds me of Spanish team Sevilla who beat Real Madrid earlier in the season...a couple of weeks later they were 2-0 up against Barca but ended up losing 3-2...they've been complete shite ever since.

A minimum 2 goal defeat awaits. It's also worth pointing out we didn't actually win in 90 mins at the Etihad in the league cup - we drew, before winning it in extra time.

As someone else said if we'd have got something from the manure game it would have been so much better. To put that much effort in and still lose definitely has an effect on the team and players. Reminds me of Spanish team Sevilla who beat Real Madrid earlier in the season...a couple of weeks later they were 2-0 up against Barca but ended up losing 3-2...they've been complete shite ever since.

A minimum 2 goal defeat awaits. It's also worth pointing out we didn't actually win in 90 mins at the Etihad in the league cup - we drew, before winning it in extra time.

A positive way to look at it is If we didn't win in ninety minutes, then neither did they. :D

Well they might rest a couple with Madrid coming up, or maybe they learned after last time

this confuses me but in the cup game didnt they have a team full of internationals worth atleast 5x our whole squad? everyone says it was thier b team but that team would have started for most premier league clubs us included.

Without a doubt a very very tough fixture when we play the holders - a team who have not lost at home (in the league) for 2 seasons.

If we put on another superb performance like we did last weekend then I can't ask for much more.

I would love to cause an upset and would be very happy to also get a draw and I do expect us to get a goal at least as Hart is looking shakey of late and can't remember the last time they kept a clean sheet.