Aston Villa agree a deal to sign Khalid Abdo

Pelle

Clicky

That final bold sentence (in more ways than one). How to immediately endear yourself to the fans.

perhaps he could have kept that bit to himself, although it could be worse, he could of said he is looking forward to having a comfortable life at Villa in the reserves.

Like his ambition.

its our job to hang on to him, if he turns out to be that good.

I have been fed up of signing players who have just come for a meal ticket over the years, like these young hungry bucks that reach for the stars.

perhaps he could have kept that bit to himself, although it could be worse, he could have said he is looking forward to having a comfortable life at Villa in the reserves.

Like his ambition.

I have been fed up of signing players who have just come for a meal ticket over the years, like these young hungry bucks that reach for the stars.

perhaps he could have kept that bit to himself, although it could be worse, he could of said he is looking forward to having a comfortable life at Villa in the reserves.

Like his ambition.

Do they have a big rivalry with 'Smäll/Calmed'?

:lol: It took some time before I understood the pun in "smäll". :oops: But in my defence, Lärje isn't at all pronounced large. Angered isn't pronounced like that either, but that one was easier. :)

When it comes to him saying that he wants to join a bigger club later on, even though it's stupid to say something like that, but the kids today, at least here in Sweden, only see the so called big teams, and everyone supports united, barca, madrid, arsenal, etc, and they all want to play for them. They hardly even know about the other clubs more than for filling the league, sts. I think it's more down to the state of football than the kid himself. And he probably didn't think that those quotes would reach England. But it was stupid to say that, no doubt. But give the lad a chance.

I actually spoke to someone who knows a lot about the talents around here in Gothenburg and he said that this kid is really good. Let's hope that he can be good enough for us.

"The goal is to step up to the first team and then maybe move on to a bigger club."

Lack of tact there no doubt but it doesn't concern me too much. He's only 16.

To hope that he fails miserably or that we should tear up his contract (read comments on the Sky Sports article) for saying what he did is ridiculous.

I wish him the best of luck and if he proves to be as good as he believes, then that can only be a great thing for us.

He shouldn't be making those comments regardless.. sure it's harmless but what's the point of mentioning it in the first place?

There are some things you just don't say.. that is one of them imo.

atleast we know where we stand.. not that it would be any different with any other player.

Well at least we know what he is all about now.. just as soon as he hits a bit of form he'll be off. Remind me to not bother buying a top with his name on it lol! It'll be obsolete rather quickly!

The sad part is you just know that we are going to have this constantly revolving door of young players in.. better players out thing going on with the net result that we can never build a successful team & if we do it'll last about 1 season then all our stars will be poached by the moneybags fat cat clubs & we'll be back to square 1 again.

Well at least we know what he is all about now.. just as soon as he hits a bit of form he'll be off. Remind me to not bother buying a top with his name on it lol! It'll be obsolete rather quickly!

The sad part is you just know that we are going to have this constantly revolving door of young players in.. better players out thing going on with the net result that we can never build a successful team & if we do it'll last about 1 season then all our stars will be poached by the moneybags fat cat clubs & we'll be back to square 1 again.

As long as the money is put back into the team then it's ok, to get to where they are now spurs had to sell on better players, but they spent it wisely... They got good money for the likes of berbatov, carrick, keane etc... From there they went and got the likes of van der vaart, modric etc...

to be fair how many kids in our youth team (or even full team for that matter) think or at one point at thought this without saying anything?

wait for him to get here, settle in, see what we are actually about and how big we actually are and get the buzz from being given the opportunity to put on that shirt and im sure he'll have changed his mind a bit and matured a bit in the process

As long as the money is put back into the team then it's ok, to get to where they are now spurs had to sell on better players, but they spent it wisely... They got good money for the likes of berbatov, carrick, keane etc... From there they went and got the likes of van der vaart, modric etc...

Very good point actually re: Spurs..

Of course this lad will be being fed by advisors too no doubt all telling him how to make the most money over his career blah blah blah.. We are of course a great bet at the moment ....So long as we remain in the Prem of course... As we are possibly the best route to 1st team action in the Prem at the Mo for a youngster. Guess we'll just have to put up with the fact we will be viewed as a stepping stone at the moment.

Pretty much every kid in Sweden has Zlatan Ibrahimovic as thier idol and wan't to follow in his footstep playing for Barcelona, Milan and so on. For them playing for Aston Villa is just a step on the way. Nothing wrong with this althou it obviously isn't the smartest thing to say when signing for us.

For me this showes he has ambition and is a bit cocky but as long as he keeps his head on his shoulders this is a good thing. We'll be hard pressed to find any quality players who's life long dream is to play for Aston Villa their entire career, especially players from abroad.

Just you wait if we manage to sign John Guidetti, then we'll have our fill of amzing quotes. That boy is a walking headline and cocky as hell, but he also works harder than anyone else to achive his goals as a footballer

if he comes good and we sell him for alot, its just what we need to reinvestment

ok, its not going to be for a couple of years yet, but if he does come good, then lets make sure we get more than what we invested in wages etc

look how comfortable evertone were after selling rooney to manure, although granted it was installments, but you see what i mean, if he doesnt wan to stay here, then we cant keep him

Â