Aston Villa agree a deal to sign Khalid Abdo

Pelle

Haven't seen this anywhere yet, probably cause it's not released in english newspapers yet. And these signings probably happens every now and then during the season and we never hear of it untill they play for the youths or something like that.

According to this, with quotes from the boy himself, we've signed a new 16 year old player called Khalid Abdo from Lärje/Angered. He's a midfielder who's played in what I think would be the 4th or 5th division here in Sweden. They were promoted this year.

I don't know anything about him, but apparently Fulham, Hamburg and Valenciennes were all after him but he chose to come here. According to him we have the best youth academy out of the four he's been to and he feels that he can develop best here with us. He's of course happy to have signed for us and wants to take the step up to the U18 pretty quickly and then go further to the first team. All in all some nice quotes and he shows some ambition. But he finishes it off with a less good quote when stating that he then might go to an even bigger club. But now he's here and let's hope that he can become a good player for us.

Yes, Angered is definitely a place here in Gothenburg. :) But I haven't heard of Lärje before. I fell asleep on that tram once when I was very drunk. I don't know why I was on it in the first place as I didn't live anywhere near. Woke up when it entered one of the stations along the line. In a place that isn't really known for being a nice place to go late in the night, quite the contrary. But I survived with nothing taken away from me. :)

Clicky

Aston Villa have agreed a deal to sign Swedish teenager Khalid Abdo

Lambert_2853410.jpg

Paul Lambert: Agreed a deal for highly-rated Swedish teenager Khalid Abdo

Aston Villa have beaten a number of clubs to the signature of Swedish teenager Khalid Abdo.

The likes of Fulham and Hamburg have been chasing Abdo, but Villa have agreed a deal for the 16-year-old.

Abdo came to Villa's attention after impressing for Swedish Second Division outfit Larje-Angered and he is relishing the chance of joining the Premier League club.

"Back in September I found out that Aston Villa wanted to recruit me," Abdo told fotbolltransfers.com. "I'm happy, it feels good.

"I will play with the U18 team but hope to move up to the reserves as soon as possible. I feel I can handle the pace here so I want to take the step from U18 to reserves within a year.

"Aston Villa graduate often players for the first team. Their academy is the best of those I was with. I feel that I can best develop here.

"The goal is to step up to the first team and then maybe move on to a bigger club."

That final bold sentence (in more ways than one). How to immediately endear yourself to the fans.

Â