The over-inflated ego of Wilfried Zaha

AshVilla

Hard to say how good this guy actually is given the level he has been playing at. I've seem him play a couple of times he didn't exactly stand out as a world class player in the making. Messi and Ronaldo had both established themselves as regulars at top clubs by his age lmao!

I cant see what the kid has done wrong other than not playing for Aston Villa. It's a bog standard interview and people are (deliberately?) painting him as some kind of egomaniac who must be stopped at all costs. Talk about a hatchet job.

That is exactly how Gabby or Benteke or Weimann SHOULD be thinking. Regardless of the reality of the situation. Our players in fact, any player should walk onto the pitch thinking he is the best player out there and then prove it.

If you cross that white line thinking, "**** me, the other lot are better than me/us" the game is already lost.

Good luck to the kid.

That is exactly how Gabby or Benteke or Weimann SHOULD be thinking. Regardless of the reality of the situation. Our players in fact, any player should walk onto the pitch thinking he is the best player out there and then prove it.

If you cross that white line thinking, "**** me, the other lot are better than me/us" the game is already lost.

Good luck to the kid.

Exactly! Despite my SGC inspired post yesterday I agree with everything he's saying. We're a nation that breeds athletes who are more confident in nightclubs than sporting arenas and, for football at least, it's a big contributor as to why we never win anything and our club sides are full of foreigners.

Good luck to him, and I agree - I hope our young lads feel like that every time they walk out too.

The people in this thread have twisted his words, never mind the media.

Quite.

Zaha: "I'm quite confident at the moment and I'm playing well. Obviously I'm not as good as Messi or Ronaldo though"

Excitable posters: "He says he's better than Messi and Ronaldo! What a dick!".

[/paraphrasing]

Â