Aston Villa has one of the top training facilities

Aston Villa has the best pitch in this country

Aston Villa has the best groundsman

Aston Villa just won award for it's community work

Paul Faulkner has just been appointed onto the FA Board

Oh the stuff that evey fan dreams of.

Take that everyone else.

No.1 academy in the country? Haha that's laughable

Accept that's official - we have just been awarded the top status.

I never lie and there were quite a few tweets about Bent trying to arrange a loan deal to Reading - Ian Abrahams also amongst others.

No way would Villa allow that if true in anycase. it hasn't happened.

Like the media you are twisting what I said I said if it was true. He's now injured so immaterial

I never lie and there were quite a few tweets about Bent trying to arrange a loan deal to Reading - Ian Abrahams also amongst others.

Like the media you are twisting what I said I said if it was true. He's now injured so immaterial

He's on 48 appearances and won't be playing tomorrow, not even in squad as he's injured.

Awarded by whom?

The FA. It was on the OS a while ago. We have gained the highest possible status and overall the best Academy In the UK

No one mentions that though.

Are you lot really suggesting that PF/RL aren't going to back Lambert so we stay up??!!

We all know what we need in that team - A CB & A CM as a priority. Lambert has said that too so he concurs,

I'll say it again.....

If the coaching staff choose Jordan Bowery signed from Chesterfield - who gets a standing ovation on his first

premier league start, then perhaps they know what they are doing

Fans who went to the Ipswich match will concur - not seen it mentioned in press.

This Ian Abrahams?

WBAFCofficial‏@WBAFCofficial

Contrary to rumours on Twitter @Moose_talkSPORT Albion have not granted any club permission to speak to Jonas Olsson #wba

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT

@WBAFCofficial thanks lads for clarifying that

Season ticket update, we get these emails every now and then.

I’m delighted to inform you of the Club’s achievement in securing Category One status for our Academy following an independent audit of club youth development programmes, which forms part of the Barclays Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).

This is an accolade we can truly be proud of, especially as the Aston Villa Academy emerged No.1 out of every Academy in the country. It is a reflection on the dedication, support and commitment and also the investment in the Academy by the Chairman, Randy Lerner, chief executive Paul Faulkner, the many staff members and support staff and indeed the Club itself. The absolute effort of everyone involved has culminated in this distinction.

The independent audit delved into such criteria as productivity rates, coaching provisions, quality of facilities and education and welfare provisions. The audit conferred upon clubs a Category status of ‘One’ to ‘Four’ – ‘One’ being the most elite. The benefits of securing this status are manifold but the central funding by the Premier League – greater than ever before in youth development programmes and totalling £300million across the country – is significant.

Just as significant, too, is the fact that under the new rules the Club will be able to recruit any player aged 14 and upwards from anywhere in the country. This will be in addition to local talent we recruit, who will join a distinguished group including Gabby Agbonlahor, Mark Walters, Tony Daley, Darius Vassell, Nathan Delfouneso and many others. The full-time education component will enable us to school young players and provide a greater amount of coaching hours to enable them to develop into really elite players.

From 1998, the year that the Premier League’s Academy system was established, through to the 2010-11 season, some 145 players came through the Aston Villa Academy. Of these, 51.7% have played in the Premier League, the Football League or a top league overseas or remained in the Academy. Some 17.2% have played in the Premier League alone and 26.2% in the Football League or a top European league. In the same period we have helped to produce 15 full internationals, as well as many more underage internationals, all of which is testament to the investment we, as a Club, have made in the development of young players.

While we have achieved considerable success at Reserve and Youth team level – and we are progressing well again in this season’s NextGen Series – the most important element will always remain the development of individuals to become Premier League players. We need only look to players who are flourishing presently in our first team squad – Gabby, Ciaran Clark, Andy Weimann, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Chris Herd, Gary Gardner and Nathan Baker. Naturally, our aim and indeed our challenge will be to maintain and improve when we can our production record and to assist the first team manager with young players coming through the system. We try to do things the right way at Aston Villa and our Academy is a vibrant symbol of the values we espouse.

The continuity and dedication of the staff here is a vital ingredient and the sustained support by the Chairman, chief executive, full-time staff, part-time staff, coaches, physios and support staff has been paramount. The new system will create greater access to players and we will remain fully committed to creating the right environment in which they can strive to excel. Clubs have had to produce facilities the quality of which are far beyond all expectation and belief, even only 10 years ago, with swimming pools, hydrotherapy pools, the highest standard of pitches, etc, now considered essential requirements. The Bodymoor Training Ground embodies these standards overall and it is with immense pleasure that I can relate to you how our Academy continues to lead the way into what we all hope will be a bright and productive future for the Club.

No disrespect Julie but Ian Abrahams is a grade A idiot, if he says something is going to happen it's fairly standard procedure to expect the opposite lol

If the coaching staff choose Jordan Bowery signed from Chesterfield - who gets a standing ovation on his first

What? So now that's guaranteed he's going to be a good player?

Ridiculous

The FA. It was on the OS a while ago. We have gained the highest possible status and overall the best Academy In the UK

No one mentions that though.

Are you lot really suggesting that PF/RL aren't going to back Lambert so we stay up??!!

We all know what we need in that team - A CB & A CM as a priority. Lambert has said that too so he concurs,

I'll say it again.....

Fans who went to the Ipswich match will concur - not seen it mentioned in press.

Bowery hasn't started in the PL, it was the FA cup game that he got a standing ovation wasn't it?

And if we're basing fans reactions to players as an indication of how well the coaching staff are doing why don't we talk about the reactions to bennet after Bradford? Guess that kind of ruins that argument.

Bennett was MOTM for Ipswich game though & got the assist for AW's head with a great cross......but that's OK only remember the bad ones eh?

He was humble enough to apologise on his tweet to everyone & this is lad who didn't think his cross for AWs goal was good.

Bennett was MOTM for Ipswich game though & got the assist for AW's head with a great cross......but that's OK only remember the bad ones eh?

He was humble enough to apologise on his tweet to everyone & this is lad who didn't think his cross for AWs goal was good.

Julie that cross was about the only good thing he's done though. I know he's had a couple of injuries but the time he's been here so far can only be classed as a disaster.

Bowery hasn't started in the PL, it was the FA cup game that he got a standing ovation wasn't it?

Apologies I should have said start it was FA Cup but I do say that underneath Ipsiwch - my bad.

He looked like a young Collymore - & considering CFC fans said he was gash I for one was suprised.

He was supposedly Bambi on Ice, Like Heskey but worse.

I should be aiming more at Ireland a player on reported £3M a year - whose performance was so bad that he was booed off. Disgrace

Haha I'm not the one arguing we should base our opinion of the coaching staff doing their job well on the fans reaction to a player. You are, so surely you have to use bennet at Bradford as a judgement.

I'm just showing how utterly ridiculous it is.

Haha I'm not the one arguing we should base our opinion of the coaching staff doing their job well on the fans reaction to a player. You are, so surely you have to use bennet at Bradford as a judgement.

I'm just showing how utterly ridiculous it is.

I really don't care what you think..lol it's just negative bile. Enjoy!

I'm going tomorrow to support them & I've been really poorly with this awful bug that's going around.