January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well I'm glad Randy Lerner can sell something he inherited for $1 billion while not spending money here and gambling with the long term future of the club.

Yep, nice position to be in I suppose. Good luck to him. Not his fault theres 30 odd thousand mugs paying 30 sheets a throw come tomorrows game.

So with Lambert saying there is no money available for signings - the question has to be asked what happened to Dale Stephens who the self-appointed 'ITK' people told us had already signed? Or the central defender and midfielder that we were told would sign before the end of this week? Perhaps they are on holiday with Peter Whittingham. Or maybe they aren't as 'ITK' as they think they are. ITK = KFA.

With no cash to spend the club is signing it's own relegation certificate. And it deserves it. It no longer acts like a top flight club, and hasn't for two years.

Exactly what i'm beginning to think now Coda...

Wonder what the wage bill is at present? Also what will it drop to when some big contracts end in the summer?

It does all make you wonder whether they are now actually looking at nothing but the hard nosed business aspect? i.e

what we lose if relegated in tv money & gate receipts?... versus... what do we gain in parachute payments, less wages & sale fees of best players?

Would we be better off financially "temporarily" if we went down.?

Of course this would only be of relevance if we came back up very quickly which is surely a huge risk.. But this would give Lambert a chance to rebuild with less pressure on the young players & instill his ethos thoroughly before we "hopefully" came back up with the finances under full control, confidence back & a more settled & established team? Who knows with the wages then fully under control we may have room for a couple of marque signings by then too!

It's just looking more & more likely to me but hey.... I could be miles off of course :rolleyes:

I wasn't implying there are any good points to being relegated. My point was that while it would still be a disaster to be relegated this season it wouldn't be as serious as getting relegated two years ago.

He's a liar that's NOT what Lambert said at all!!

He said we'd look at one or two lads and positons

Let's read James Nursey twitter account instead

@stuav90 the #AVFC transfer news is mainly for tomorrow's papers. PL confirmed what I've been saying that wants new centre back & centre mid

That's for tomorrow!!

Just wait & see what happens on the pitch. Lambert drives em crazy cos he's so tightlipped.

So with Lambert saying there is no money available for signings - the question has to be asked what happened to Dale Stephens who the self-appointed 'ITK' people told us had already signed? Or the central defender and midfielder that we were told would sign before the end of this week? Perhaps they are on holiday with Peter Whittingham. Or maybe they aren't as 'ITK' as they think they are. ITK = KFA.

With no cash to spend the club is signing it's own relegation certificate. And it deserves it. It no longer acts like a top flight club, and hasn't for two years.

Hillarious that you are slagging off ITK's yet the guy on twitter who has made up the quote from lambert you believe??

If you can be bothered to watch the press conference you'll no the guy is talking shit.

Edited by villan_007

Just lets get down to Villa Park and sing loud and proud. AVFC do not do their dealings in public, the press prefer Harry titbits, leaning out of car door windows

they don't get it so they write tripe

Petrov so Mat Kendrick tweeted has been in BMH & walked in with a big smile on his face and so he'll be giving them all a big cheer on for tomorrow.

Someone who knows PF said he got an email off him - was just as gutted as all of us & doing their best to get a CM/CB sorted as priority.

Yep, nice position to be in I suppose. Good luck to him. Not his fault theres 30 odd thousand mugs paying 30 sheets a throw come tomorrows game.

Fans who go tomorrow are mugs?

Interesting view.

PL did NOT say what Gaskill is reporting.....read the other journos and see the interview itself! - but hey ho! why not whip the club on the basis of lies from a useless journo?

Yeah to be fair there's load of factual things we can use to complain about the club.

If those comments aren't true can someone on Twitter ask Gaskill why he is shit stirring.

I've told him that is a lie - can't you see the media are whipping everyone up with this media crap.

Aston Villa is the No 1 Academy in the country

Aston Villa is the No 1 Footballing hospitality

Aston Villa has one of the best stadiums

Aston Villa has one of the top training facilities

Aston Villa has the best pitch in this country

Aston Villa has the best groundsman

Aston Villa just won award for it's community work

Paul Faulkner has just been appointed onto the FA Board

Aston Villa has THE BEST fans anywhere. Standing for 10mins when we're 4-0 down at Spuds game singing PL C & B Army

Yet the press would have us believe we're that badly run we're facing financial ruin!

THE only thing that has not been right is what's happening on the pitch.

That's why Paul Lambert was bought in & he is incharge of that side. He's seen exactly what we all see, that a CB/CD are required as a priority.

As PF & RL seem to have got most things right above perhaps they'll back him to get those positions filled with just what's needed.

Westwood is back in squad & available too.

Edited by JulieB
  • Like 1