January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Yeah bang on I think, basically, don't expect any Bent style transfers this window! ;)

He said he feels it would take the club backwards and not be part of the plan to build the club back up, His press conference on AVTV has actually calmed me down a little. Worth a watch.

(Mystified) No I'm not saying that

The thing with Michu is that you needed to have identified him beforehand, not after he is the Premier League highest scorer. If you had been saying in the summer "sign Michu" you might have had some credibility.

Choosing the biggest bargain in the league and saying PL is an idiot for not signing three or four players like him shows no grasp of reality

Please direct me to where i said Lambert is an idiot for not signing world class bargain players en masse.

Edit: scratch that

This is turning into a "Mantis vs Morpheus" light debate that im sure no one is interested in so let's just drop it

Edited by sne

I think he's referring to panic buying, as in buying somebody for an excessive fee and/or wages because it is January and a quick fix is needed as such, yet in the long run that player isn't actually who/what he wants.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Kind of like how Lescott would be great for now, but long term doesn't really represent the direction we might be going in.

Surely the obvious answer to that is a loan move on a deal till the end of the season. Now I'm not saying Lescott exactly, but jesus anyone would be better in the middle of the park at the moment than what we have. Rodwell & Romeu probably aren't realistic, Nick Powell and Frimpong even.

Re: Fabian Delph…….Its so hard to know what to make of him. The easy answer is very little.

But to be fair to him this is the first decent run he’s had in and about our first team.

He could be another Routledge. When I see him play for Swansea I keep asking myself is that the same lad we had at Villa….he was 23 then I don’t think anybody saw him becoming the player he is now?

he had a run at start of last season and couldnt pass the ball and even McLeish dropped him

Take this for what you will. I care less if you believe it or not

I've heard through a reliable source that we made a tentative approach for Sissoko but his wage demands are sky-high and that is enough to put us and probably any other Premier League club off signing him

Not from my source - I suspect that the delay in signings is due to PF working his way down the list until he gets to someone who we can afford. I also suspect that they might be holding off lower league lesser signings until all avenues for more experienced players have been closed

Since heard Sissoko looking for £75k a week

Take this for what you will. I care less if you believe it or not

I've heard through a reliable source that we made a tentative approach for Sissoko but his wage demands are sky-high and that is enough to put us and probably any other Premier League club off signing him

Not from my source - I suspect that the delay in signings is due to PF working his way down the list until he gets to someone who we can afford. I also suspect that they might be holding off lower league lesser signings until all avenues for more experienced players have been closed

Well that puts that one to bed thanks

Edited by AshVilla