January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Maybe because Sissoko is one of the more applauded young defensive midfielders in european football. Anyone that keeps a tab on french football in the last two seasons would know how highly thought of he is. Why do people always think we can go out and get anyone !

Maybe we have gone for him, maybe he didnt want to come to us, maybe maybe maybe

Posting messages like the first one is absolutely pointless. Id love to have a player like Sissoko in but jesus christ its not as simple as championship manager 01/02.

But its ok for people to have absurd expectations with players such as Coutinho who would cost 10 mill but not Sissoko who would cost a fraction of the price?

Would you not be pissed off in the slightest if a club like QPR ended up with him and we ended up with Stephens?

What happened to aiming high apparently were a big club

Posting messages like the first one is absolutely pointless. Id love to have a player like Sissoko in but jesus christ its not as simple as championship manager 01/02.

No, AshVilla has already made an enquiry on behalf of the club and we can get him for the same fee and wages as Dale Stephens, apparently

Please keep it quiet though as we don't want other teams to know

But its ok for people to have absurd expectations with players such as Coutinho who would cost 10 mill but not Sissoko who would cost a fraction of the price?

Would you not be pissed off in the slightest if a club like QPR ended up with him and we ended up with Stephens?

Tell Randy!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8390714/Paul-Lambert-plans-to-strengthen-his-Aston-Villa-side-during-the-January-transfer-window

So Lambert says he needs to bolster the midfield. Like I said earlier, he knew Vlaar was on his way back. Personally, M'Vila would be the ideal signing for me.

Prices in January can be so inflated that you can pay through the nose for someone, and it's a guy you maybe don't want at the club.

This quote by Lambert today was a bit of an odd one, I can't quite make out what he is saying. I don't know if he means more so financially having to do with wages or what...

I am starting to think the funding for this window is in the region of 5m with the rest from Bent, who we expected to sell for 8/10m

I was thinking 10m plus whatever is raised via Bent/Hutton/Warnock...but tbh who the hell knows...Randy is very mercurial with the financing imo and at the drop of a hat he could splash out big like with Bent.

Edited by LockStockVilla

This quote by Lambert today was a bit of an odd one, I can't quite make out what he is saying. I don't know if he means more so financially having to do with wages or what...

I think he's referring to panic buying, as in buying somebody for an excessive fee and/or wages because it is January and a quick fix is needed as such, yet in the long run that player isn't actually who/what he wants.

Priceless

Fantasy Football

Fantasy how? He cost Swansea £2 million.

Are you saying that there are no possible targets in the whole world outside England and that prices in England, even the lower leagues are not inflated?

Michu was the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga last season with 15 goals and still cost only £2 million.

You accuse me of deliberatly not trying to get the point you are making and then come back with a gem like this

I think he's referring to panic buying, as in buying somebody for an excessive fee and/or wages because it is January and a quick fix is needed as such, yet in the long run that player isn't actually who/what he wants.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Kind of like how Lescott would be great for now, but long term doesn't really represent the direction we might be going in.

• Like 1

Sissoko who would cost a fraction of the price?

Take this for what you will. I care less if you believe it or not

I've heard through a reliable source that we made a tentative approach for Sissoko but his wage demands are sky-high and that is enough to put us and probably any other Premier League club off signing him

Not from my source - I suspect that the delay in signings is due to PF working his way down the list until he gets to someone who we can afford. I also suspect that they might be holding off lower league lesser signings until all avenues for more experienced players have been closed

Fantasy how? He cost Swansea £2 million.

Are you saying that there are no possible targets in the whole world outside England and that prices in England, even the lower leagues are not inflated?

Michu was the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga last season with 15 goals and still cost only £2 million.

You accuse me of deliberatly not trying to get the point you are making and then come back with a gem like this

(Mystified) No I'm not saying that

The thing with Michu is that you needed to have identified him beforehand, not after he is the Premier League highest scorer. If you had been saying in the summer "sign Michu" you might have had some credibility.

Choosing the biggest bargain in the league and saying PL is an idiot for not signing three or four players like him shows no grasp of reality

Aim high and you constanlty miss.......in shooting that is. Perhaps we are aiming high and missing, perhaps we still have the gun in it's holster or perhaps we just don't have any bullets.

I am all for criticising the club when you KNOW what is going on but this constant whinging and sniping by several uninformed posters is more than a little boring now.

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Kind of like how Lescott would be great for now, but long term doesn't really represent the direction we might be going in.

Yeah bang on I think, basically, don't expect any Bent style transfers this window! ;)